QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

LOOK AT GOD'S PROMISES AND HIS POWER ALONE FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF HIS PROMISES IN YOUR LIFE



Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” – Genesis 18:12

God’s promise came to Abraham saying he will have a child soon. Sarah heard that promise and she immediately questioned saying, ‘shall I have pleasure?’ 

Sarah wanted to have a child and she had longed for it but yet she didn’t received what she had desired. Years passed and she became old. But then she received the promise of God. 

It’s true that God has given a promise to Sarah but yet she could not believe it. Then why she doubted God’s promise? The reason why Sarah could not believe was given in the above verse itself. She says, ‘I have grown old and my lord (Abraham) being old also.’

For the fulfilment of God’s promise she thought that her age and her husband age will be a main source. Once she understood that both were old she thought that there is no possibility for God’s promise to get fulfilled. 

Today you might be in the same situation. God has given a promise to you. But yet the situation around you seems to be so different. There is no sign for God’s promise to get fulfilled in your life. God might have promised you that you have a good marriage life but years are getting passed without sign of marriage. God might have promised you that you will have a child but yet you could not find a trace of it even after years. You are discouraged today because you didn’t have pleasure in your life and the situations also seem different. You are filled with sorrow because your see your life’s situations and your own strength.

Today Jesus Christ wants you to look at Him and not to look at the situations. It’s true that Sarah was old. It’s true that Abraham was old. In a human perspective, it’s very true that there were no chance for them to get a child.

Bible says in Genesis 18:13,14, “And the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”

My dear young friends, nothing is too hard for the Lord. He can make the old couples to bear a child. He can part a sea. He can destroy a huge wall in seconds. He can do anything. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. He will do a miracle in your life at His appointed time. 

He will give you a child very soon at His time. He will give you the desires of your heart and make you prosper. You will not be put to shame. Hold onto God’s promise and look at Him alone. Do not look at your situation. Do not look at your ability. God’s power doesn’t depend on your ability, capacity and your life’s situation. He is all powerful to do anything in your life and He will do things that will be a blessing in your life. So do not get discouraged. You will definitely see God’s promise getting fulfilled in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment