QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH GOD'S BLESSING AND YOU WILL HAVE PLEASURE



Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, ‘After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?’ – Genesis 18:12

You might be seeing your life situation right now and you think within yourself, ‘Will I have joy and pleasure in my life?’ Today Jesus Christ is promising you that you will have pleasure and joy.

Lord has promised Abraham saying, “...Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” - Genesis 15:5
Abraham and his wife would have received God’s promise with so much of expectations and joy. Years passed but there is no sign of the fulfilment of God’s promise. 

Sarah got frustrated and she said, “...See now, the Lord has restrained me from bearing children...” – Genesis 16:2

She was so frustrated that she decided to have a child through her servant Hagar. Hagar got conceived and Sarah was despised in her eyes. Sarah trusted Hagar but yet she was despised. With all her frustrations, Sarah treated Hagar so harshly. Sarah lost her peace in her relationship with Lord, Abraham and her maid Hagar. Such was her frustration. Years passed by. 

Again God’s promise comes to Abraham, “...Sarah your wife shall have a son...” – Genesis 18:10

Sarah heard God’s promise from her tent and she laughed within herself saying, “...Shall I have pleasure?..” She saw her situation. For the fulfilment of God’s promise she saw the strength of her husband and her own age. She failed to see God’s strength. 

So she said to herself that she and her husband were too old. She believed strongly that she will not see a pleasure of carrying her own child. Such was her belief. Sarah was frustrated and she lost all hope. 

Today you might be also in a situation where you have lost all the hope about your future. You might be thinking within your heart, ‘Will I have a pleasure of having a child?’, ‘Will I have a pleasure of seeing goodness in my business?’, ‘Will I have a pleasure of scoring good marks in my studies?’, ‘Will I have a pleasure of having a good marriage life?, ‘Will I have a pleasure of getting promotion in my job?’

You might be tired and frustrated with so many questions rising in your mind. Do not get discouraged. Bible says in Genesis 21:1,2 “And the Lord visited Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did for Sarah as He had spoken. For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

Lord granted joy and pleasure in the life of Sarah. Today Jesus Christ says to you that you will have joy and pleasure overflowing all through your life. Jesus Christ will change your situation. He will bless you abundantly in the coming days. His promises will surely get fulfilled in your life. You will live with God’s peace and joy. You will have what your heart longs for and your heart will be filled with God’s happiness. Jesus Christ will do a miracle in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment