QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, November 29, 2014

BOOK REVIEW - 10 (DANGEROUS SURRENDER BY KAY WARREN)




I got this book long back from someone close to me but I could not read this for years. But recently as I got a strong desire to read this book, I took it and started reading. 

I always love to read the preface of the book to get a glimpse about the entire book. I was surprised to see certain lines written in the preface. 

“The reading won’t be easy or always pleasant – this is not a book to read when you are seeking a light-hearted romp through a make-believe world. But if you are yearning for something you can’t quite define, then you are ready for Dangerous Surrender.”

Initially when I read those lines I thought it might be written to initiate a curiosity within the reader’s mind. But as I read through the book I understood that they meant what they written in the preface.

Remember the reading won’t be always pleasant. Certain lines of this book touched me deeply and made me to realize what I am doing for God is nothing compared to what others are doing. 

Though the book gives you certain deep insights about Spiritual passages, mostly it deals with the personal experience of the author at various instances of her life and how God led her through that using her for His glory. She wrote openly about her inner thoughts and weakness which anyone could easily relate to.

“I felt powerless to do anything about the new reality thrust in front of me. I cried out to God, “Why are you bothering me with this? There’s nothing I can do about it. I am just an ordinary person. What could one person do about such a gigantic problem? And by the way, in case you haven’t noticed, I am a white, suburban mom with a mini-van. What do I know about a disease in Africa? After a month of anguished wrestling with God, I reached a point at which I had to make a conscious decision.”

The author takes us in a beautiful journey from her submission to God’s call to work among those who affected by AIDS to those people she had met in various places like hospitals, homes and brothels. Meanwhile she also writes about those people who was her inspiration to remove darkness that prevails in one’s life and encourage the readers to do so. Even the story of those people will touch you deeply.

“Heather and Scott Raines have adopted three special needs children-children truly on the bottom rung of the society-from three different countries. Their adopted children need constant medical care and treatment just to survive, but the proud smile on Heather’s face as she introduced each new little one to me touched something deep inside of me. These are her babies, loved as dearly as if they come from her own body.”

When you finish reading this book, you will know that God can use an ordinary person like us to be a blessing to many and you will understand what to do when you see anyone who is in need. This book will also benefit those who are married as the author openly writes about the struggles they faced in their journey and what makes them to stay together for more than 35 years.

In one of the pages the author writes, “God’s will begins with surrender.”

If you really have a desire to do something for God and willing to sacrifice anything for God, get a copy of this book and read it. If you have a burning desire in your heart to live a life for God but yet you don’t know what to do and where to start, read this book for it will help you to know that you are really needed by God to do His work.

As it was written in the cover page of the book, you will come to know what happens when you say yes to God. Go for this book and read it. You will be blessed Spiritually.


(Note: Lines in Italics were taken directly from the book)

No comments:

Post a Comment