QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

GOD OF ISRAEL WILL GRANT YOUR PETITION WHICH YOU HAVE ASKED OF HIM



“…Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.”  – 1 Samuel 1:17

Many years back when I was doing my PG engineering degree course I was so afraid of Mathematics subject. From my school days itself, I hated Maths to the core. After I finished my schooling I joined diploma course in a Government college. When I joined there I was told that there will be two Maths paper and Maths II will be so tough to pass.

I believed what my seniors and lecturers told. I failed in Maths II paper at the first attempt and God miraculously helped me to clear the subject at the second attempt. After my diploma course, God took me to a Government engineering college where I studied my UG degree. There also I failed in Maths paper at the first attempt and cleared only at the next attempt.

My parents thought that I will clear the entrance exam for PG engineering degree course in a government college but I could not clear that. So my parents prayed and admitted me in a private engineering institution and the fee to complete my entire course was around 2 lakhs.

I know my parents could not afford that but they had some money after selling the only one house which we owned. With so much pressure in my mind I joined PG degree course. I thought everything will be peaceful and I can get good percentage and make my parents happy.

On the very first day when I came to know that I have to clear an Advanced Mathematics paper to get my degree, I lost all my hope. Mathematics itself was too tough for me then how come I can clear Advanced Mathematics?

I could not concentrate well in my classes and finally the semester exam came. I thought I will fail in the paper as I failed in my diploma and UG course. At the same time I thought about the sacrifice my parents are doing to make me study this course. Many thoughts came to my mind and I lost stability in my mind.

With so much fear I used to cry day and night without any break. My mom thought I will go mad and so she tried her level best to comfort me but nothing worked. One day before my exam I went to a prayer centre near to the college where I studied. I poured out my heart to God and cried very badly pleading Him to make me pass the degree without any arrear.

After my prayer I came out and there I saw a board which carried the promise verse from 1 Samuel 1:17, “…Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him.”  

At the same moment, God spoke to me clearly through that verse and a divine peace filled my heart. As God has promised, He heard my prayers and helped me to pass in the Advanced Mathematics exam and also my PG degree with more than 75%.

Even today you might be feeling worried about certain things in your life. It might be about your future or anything. Today God says to you to go forward in peace for He heard your petitions and prayers and He will grant it.

My dear young friends, Hannah cried to God for a child and God heard her prayers and blessed her. He gave her Samuel who became a great prophet of God. Jesus Christ heard my prayers and helped me to complete the PG degree in first class. He has heard your prayers and tears. He will do to you more than what He did in my life. Your petition will be granted by God and you will have a blessed peace filled future.

No comments:

Post a Comment