QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 6 (GOD WILL NOT FORSAKE YOU)

When I was a little boy I used to do so many mischievous things. Even in my school I got punishments because of that behavior.  During my school days my name will be written default on top in the blackboard of my class whenever the teacher asks the class leader to write the names of the students who were talking unnecessarily. So many days I knelt down outside my class for talking too much.

On a particular day I was standing on line in our school assembly session. Many teachers were standing in front of us. As time progressed, I got bored and so I did something that made my friend to laugh loud. One of our teachers watched that and since the assembly was going on he didn’t reacted.

Once the assembly got over he immediately called us to the front and made us to stand in a corner. Other students left to the classrooms. We were standing alone along with our sir. We knew that we were caught red handed and so we thought that he will ask us to kneel down or he will beat us. We had set our mind accordingly.

Surprisingly I didn’t notice any anger on his face. Instead he called us near him and put his left hand upon my shoulder and right hand upon my friend’s shoulder. His hands were slowly caressing the back of our heads and he was speaking to us in a funny way. So we thought that he will do nothing to us.

As he continued advising us he held the back of our heads firmly with each of his hands. We were certainly unaware of what he is going to do. He was moving his hands in such a way that my head was touching my friend’s head and then going back. Unexpectedly all in a sudden he smashed my forehead with my friend’s forehead in a fierce manner that we were thrown to the opposite ends lying down in the ground without able to realize what has happened. 

As I was lying down I felt that the whole world was filled with darkness. I had a severe pain in my head and could not realize what was happening. After some time I felt like someone is holding my hand and trying to make me stand firmly on the ground. It was actually my sir who knocked us down trying to make us stand again. I was feeling dizzy and thought my life has come to an end.

Our teacher was worried about our condition and so he calmly asked us to go and take rest in the class. Throughout the day I had pain and was feeling very tired. I thought that something will happen inside my head like blood clot and I will die early. 

Nearly after 19 years, I am still alive and I never had any sickness in my head. But whenever I think of that day my body shivers automatically and I thank God for saving me on that day without any serious injuries inside my head. 

If something had happened on that day, by this time I would be gone. But Jesus Christ miraculously saved me on that day and He is protecting me to this day. When I look back on that day, I thank God for His grace that sustained me.

No comments:

Post a Comment