QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, October 12, 2015

JOY FILLED PARENTING - 5 (DO NOT BE A HINDRANCE TO YOUR CHILDREN)



Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them...” – Matthew 19:14

Few people tried to bring their little children to Jesus for Him to bless them but His disciples rebuked them. Jesus saw that and said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them.”

As parents are we letting our children to go to Jesus by leading them to Him or are we hindering our children?

I knew a servant of God who was living in a particular city. He has a little daughter. There was a popular school in that city and he had all the financial requirements to make his daughter study in that school. The school had a great reputation but yet he admitted his daughter in another school. 

When he was speaking to one of my family members, he told the reason that the school syllabus has internet even for small children and if he had put her in that school she might not get close to Jesus Christ. As a father he feared that his daughter might fall into the sin as she won’t understand the dangers behind that internet. He thought that he should not be a hindrance in her life and so he admitted her in another school where internet and related things will be taught only to those in the teen age. 

Sometimes as parents we have to take decisions that will lead our children to Jesus and not away from Jesus Christ. You should not put your children in a vulnerable place and then feel bad when something happens to your child. The decisions that you take regarding your children is very important for they have an effect in their life. 

On that day the disciples of Jesus blocked the way for the little children to reach Jesus and so Jesus rebuked His disciples. 

Do not let Jesus get angry upon you by being a stumbling block to your children. He has entrusted you a greater responsibility. Make sure in all circumstances that your children grew in the knowledge of God. God will surely give you His grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment