QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

SWEET MARRIAGE - 10 (SHARE THE BURDEN OF YOUR SPOUSE)



Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” – Galatians 6:2

Yesterday I was speaking with one of my senior colleague during the lunch hour. As we were eating he started to speak about his wife. He told that she always feels tired as she had undergone an operation recently but yet she prepares his lunch daily. Both of them were actually married for more than 20 years. Yet he said that he has to appreciate her more and share her burdens. 

As he was speaking I thought about my wife who wakes up at early hours and then prays and then start cooking my meals. My wife is also working and once she returns from work she takes care of our daughter and does the other household works also. During midnight our little daughter feels hungry and so my wife will wake up and give her the needed food and then will make her sleep. This process itself will take nearly 45 minutes of her time at midnight. 

But then she wakes up at early morning without fail and takes so much care in preparing my lunch. Sometimes I wonder how she does that. She never complains much about her heavy work. And it actually surprised me a lot. 

I try my best to share her workload by assisting her in most of the thing except cooking. But I was really surprised when my senior colleague is doing that even after 20 years of their marriage life. As he was talking to me he said we have to share our partner’s burden or else they will worn out mentally and physically. 

What he said was absolutely true! I can’t say to my wife that I am returning back from my work so tired and so I won’t do any work. If I say that she feels all alone in her life and soon she will get worn out. That will affect her peace and in turn it will affect our marriage life.

You might say that what your wife does is her responsibility to do and so you won’t share her work. In family life we can’t say like that. We have to share one another’s burdens. If your wife needs you to help her in taking care of your child, you have to do that willingly. 

Sometimes your husband might feel tired after returning back from his work. He might be regularly helping you in doing something once he returns back. But when he comes back tired you should not insist him to do that. He will feel better if on that day you share his work and finish it for him. 

If God asks you to bear some other person’s burden how much more we have to share the burden of our own life partner. We have to do more.

My dear young friends, do not despise the feeling of your spouse. Share their burden and make them feel better. Then their love upon you will increase and your marriage life will be filled with God’s joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment