QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, October 30, 2015

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 8 (SPEND WHATEVER YOU HAVE FOR GOD)



We took sweet counsel together, And walked to the house of God in the throng.” – Psalms 55:14

Few days back I got an sms from an unknown number stating that a particular aunty has passed away. I saw her for the last time nearly 10 years before but yet that news broke my heart. Because she is one of those few people God used to bring change in my life. I began to look back the old days where she showed motherly love to me and to many young people.

Many years back when I was in my teen age my eldest brother used to attend a youth prayer meet regularly which will be held once in a month. On those days he is not a guy who used to attend such prayers but yet he liked this particular prayer meet a lot. He used to call me once in a while to that meet but I was hesitant to go with him as I was a shy person. 

But one day I had decided to go with him. When I reached the home where the prayer meet was held I saw that aunty for the first time. She had a particular disease and so she can’t see the persons and things at a longer distance. But she had joined with another aunty and they both opened their house to conduct that youth prayer once in every month. 

Nearly 25 young people used to attend that prayer and a team from another city leads the worship, prayer and preaching sessions. I was greatly blessed through those meetings. When I had faced temptations and trials, the counselling that I got from the preachers who came there really helped me. 

God moulded me through so many people who came there and particularly through the love of those aunties. Even if one month someone misses the meeting they will enquire with so much love and advise us to attend regularly. They took care of everyone who came there. They were a great comfort to those who came there with failures and sorrows. 

We used to stay there even for hours after the meet but they had never complained about it. They always loved us and sometimes provided food to us. More than they loved us personally what I understand was they loved our soul. They wanted us to grow in God at any cost. 

God used that fellowship to bring so many changes into my life. Whenever I ran away from responsibilities, those people in that fellowship encouraged me to take responsibilities and helped me to fulfil that for God. 

As we grew in God, those aunties grew old and so they decided to handover the leadership to one particular couple and slowly that fellowship ended. 

As I look back I thank God for that fellowship and those aunties. I feel guilty that I should have atleast spoke once to those aunties in these years. I knew they would have felt happy if they hear that I am still growing with God and I didn’t forgot the experience I had gained through them. Things changed and now one of those aunties has passed away. 

I had learnt that we should be ready to do anything for God so that people around us might get blessed. We can open our house for prayer fellowship or with few amount of money and time we had we can help people to know the love of God. Let’s take a resolution that we will give whatever we had, to God and for God. God will surely bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment