QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, January 19, 2017

DO NOT FEAR BUT TRUST IN GOD AT ALL TIMES

“Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.”- Psalms 56:3

As I wrote in the previous article when a bus came and hit our car while we were waiting to cross a railway track, we were shocked. It all happened in a second and it took minutes for us to realize what happened.

My mind was full of questions thinking how it has happened and why it has happened. Then as we were on the way my wife told me that she feared a lot when the accident happened.

I was about to reply something and at that very moment my little daughter who was standing on the back seat told, “Children of Jesus should not fear.” Her reply filled my heart with joy.

Sometimes in our life we get unwanted problems. We face certain tough moments in our life. Because of something we might get hurt. The pain that we carry might be unbearable because of those incidents that occurred in our life. Many questions might come in our mind.

But how we react to those situations? Are we filled with fear or do we trust God at all moments?

Psalmist says to God, “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.” He says that he was not afraid. Actually he was filled with fear. But he was not dwelling in the fear. He knew the way to come out of the fear. He knew he has a God upon whom he can put his trust. And so he says to God that he will trust in Him whenever he is afraid.


My dear young friends, you might be filled with fear because of your life situation. But do not dwell in the fear. You have a God who promised you that He will be with you at all times. He is with you now in your present situation. He will take control and He will handle those situations. Put your trust in God. Jesus Christ will never forsake you. He will give you victory and His peace will overflow in your life. Do not fear but trust God at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment