QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 12 (GOD'S PROTECTION UPON US)

“But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one."- 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Yesterday afternoon I was travelling from my Father-in-law’s home to the place where I reside. I was travelling with wife, my little daughter and my colleague in a car. The distance to be travelled was 380 Kms.

We started our journey at 2:00 P.M. As I was driving the car, we were talking and enjoying our ride. Few hours into the journey my wife and daughter slept in the back seat. Then at around 6 P.M they woke up and were sitting together beside my colleague who was sitting in the front.

At 6:30 we were waiting before a railway gate. There were so many cars in front of us. After few minutes the train passed and suddenly a bus came and stopped towards my right side. The bus could not move further as the vehicles from the opposite side begun to come. The driver of the bus tried to drive the bus towards the left side where our car was there.

As he was coming towards the left I drove left. Again he came and again I did the same and as I could not move further I stopped the vehicle. The driver knew that our car was stopped. But then he tried to drive the vehicle towards his left. Then finally the bus came to a halt after dashing with our car.

We thought the bus will go straight. If the driver would have waited for another 30 seconds, the accident might not have happened. But then all in a sudden we heard a bang and then only we realized that the bus had hit our car.

It had exactly hit the door near to the driver seat where I was sitting. The door got damaged and the side of the car was scratched but then nothing happened to us who were seated inside the car. If the bus would have slightly moved further then it would have crashed the entire driver seat and today I might not be alive. I do not know how the driver stopped the bus immediately.

But I could very well say that God has protected us. The accident cost us few damage but our lives were saved. Few minutes before that only my wife and daughter moved to the other side and so they were saved from the banging impact.

As I drove further, I thanked God for His grace that protected our lives. We could able to come out of the incident within few hours because there was no physical harm to us.

As I look back what happened yesterday, my heart was getting filled with gratefulness to God for He protected and saved us. I thank God for His protection upon me and my family members.

Our God is faithful and He will guard us from all evil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment