QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, February 4, 2012

POEMS BY WATCHMAN NEE-1

Watchman Nee-God's servant who lived & died for God 
(This poem was written when he lay aside his lover for the sake of love of Christ)
If from the right course I depart, At once comfort I’ll find;
But I remember how my Lord Did suffer agony.
I’d utterly forsake this world, And sever all the ties.
My path may narrow more and more; I’m but a pilgrim here.
Though men may scowl and laugh to scorn, I only want His smile.
Let others fancy outward shows, His “best” is my desire.
Not after greatness do I seek, Nor success in this life.
But humbly I would serve the Lord That day to gain His praise.
I’m daily gazing at the light Out of His judgment seat,
That all my living and my works May stand the test of fire.
You may run after name and fame, Or glory, wealth, and friends.
You can have all your great success, Your followers and praise.
In solitude and poverty, I wish to prosper not;
But faithfully I’ll follow Him Until I reach the goal.
I know, while here to earth He came, His only gain was “death.”
That’s why no other wish have I But with Him to suffer loss.
Since all my glories lie ahead, Now patient I must be.
I will not go before my Lord Much glory to receive.
That day, my honor I’ll receive; The Lord will dry my tears.
Today, while He must tarry still, I’ll press on faithfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment