QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

YOU ARE NOT AN ORPHAN


(THIS PASSAGE WAS WRITTEN BY BRO. MOHAN C LAZARUS WHO IS AN EVANGELIST FROM INDIA)
In the early days of my ministry, I had been invited to a three day Gospel Meeting organized in a small village. I was sheltered in the local school building.
 In the middle of my staying, one young man came to see me there. While I enquired about him, he began to weep like a child. Amidst sobbing he said, “Sir, my relatives had killed my parents and took possession of my entire property. They drove me out of my native place.
“I came to this place some years back and since then I have been here. I used to do any works that are demanded by anyone else. I have my living on the meager amount that I am earning through these petty helps.
“But Sir, some locals call me a gamin. This gives me pain. Now you please tell me, am I a street Arab?” His words imbued in his tears.
The words spelt out from a wounded heart of that young man anguished me. I was perplexed and did not know how to answer him. At this juncture I prayed for a minute in my heart.
The Spirit of God gave me wisdom. I asked him, “Have you accepted Jesus Christ?”
His face shone bright. He wiped away his tears and said joyfully, “Sir, recently few months back I heard about Jesus Christ through someone else. I accept him into my heart.”
I said, “As you have accepted Jesus, you became His child and He, your father. [John 1:12]. Since Jesus Christ is your father, how can you be an orphan? Certainly you are not!” On hearing this, his exuberance found no boundary!
“If it be so, I am not an orphan!”-He jubilantly uttered and relished.
Dearly beloved, you may also wallow in such consternation “Oh! I am like an orphan!” Don’t be dismayed! Jesus is there as your Father!
One of the names that were given to Jesus Christ is ‘Everlasting Father’ [Isaiah 9:6]. That means He is our father eternally!
Jesus Christ is the good father to you. Whatever may be your age, you are his children. There is no grandson and granddaughter for Him. He will call you as ‘Son…..’, ‘Daughter…..’ irrespective of your age whether you are a kid in your ripened years!
What blissfulness that He be your Father! Let not your heart be troubled. You have an eternal Father who carries you all through your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment