QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, February 24, 2012

YOUR EXPECTATION SHALL NOT BE CUT OFF! DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR HOPE


(THIS ARTICLE IS TAKEN FROM ONE OF THE MONTHLY MAGAZINE OF JESUS REDEEMS AND IT IS WRITTEN BY BRO.MOHAN C LAZARUS)
Many years before, I met at Egmore in Chennai a father and son of Thirunelveli. I casually enquired them, “For what purpose you come over here to Chennai?”
Both of them seemed to be distressed. The father said, “Sir, he is my son. He completed his studies and got his degree. Now our Tamil Nadu government has opened venue for employment opportunities concerning his studies. The interview will be slated for tomorrow for this job. That is why we came even one day before.”
“But you are in deep distress…….why?” I asked. The father replied,” Today we went to the concerned office to know the interview tactics. However, to our dismay, the people there asked us how much money we were ready to offer for that job and it had no meaning to bring only the Call Letter for the interview. I said that we were not of such rich people. Had my son been got through the interview, it would have been a real blessing to our family and that only with the hope we came from such a far of place.
On hearing my reply, they laughed. “Without money nothing will be happened here. Well…..else, do you have any recommendation letter from any of our ministers?”They enquired.
I said, “We have no contact with any of our ministers to get such recommendation letter.”The officials laughingly said, “Here one candidate brought recommendation letter from two ministers and awaiting his turn for the interview. When the situation is like this, you came here with empty hand, without money or recommendation letter. Your coming to Chennai is utter waste. Your son could not get the job. Return to your native.”
“That is the reason that we are deeply distressed and now we are in double mind-Whether we remain here to attend the interview or to return to our home town.”
The family of that person once belongs to Hinduism. At a later stage, they accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and came into His Fold. They have much love upon their Lord. I already knew those facts.
So I said to them, “Come on, let us pray.”I took them to a nearby room. I said, “What else, if you have neither money nor a recommendation letter from a minister? Jesus is with us! He divided the Red Sea! He pulled down the mighty fortress of Jericho! You came here by believing Him only…..isn’t it?”
They answered in affirmative! “Yes …we came here with anchoring our faith on our Lord only!”
“Your faith will not go in vain. Let us pray in faith. Surely the Lord will do miracle for you!”
Nevertheless, the father added, “The interview is for only one post in the whole Tamil Nadu!”
“Why not that one person should be your son? Certainly the Lord will do a miracle for you!”With these encouraging words, I led them into prayer.
At that time, the power of the Lord was descending on us. I said to his son, “Attend the interview boldly. The Lord will do a miracle for you!” Then I Left them.
Some months rolled on. One day I was standing at a bus stop in Thoothukudi. On seeing me there while passing at that side, that father rushed towards me. He gladly said, “Brother, on that day at a crucial time that you have prayed for my son’s interview. Many candidates came with the recommendation letters from various ministers and accompanied by great people in power. However, our Lord spoke to the concerned interview officials to select my son for that only post!”
See….. When the Lord intervened, the recommendation letters from ministers too went to the dustbin: because, He is God, the Almighty! Your expectation shall not be cut off! Do not give up your hope; for certainly there is an end!
You may be looking for the Lord trustfully pertaining to your business, associating with your studies, or relating to your ministerial affairs, whatever it may be, your expectation shall not go amiss! For surely there is an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment