QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, June 21, 2012

AS I WALKED ON LIFE'S PATH...


As I walked on life's path,
I met some people, friends I called,
But one day, they hurt me,
I felt sad and stopped praying,
Until I saw my Savior on the Cross..
Praying for those who had hurt him,
I learnt forgiving is the best medicine to heal ourselves...

Days went on & on,
At one point of time, people who were close to my heart,
Left me all alone in life's path,
I was depressed and hurt,
Until I saw my Savior on the palace of Pilate all alone...
Looking to do God's will being on track with God,
I learnt to focus on God's will rather than other's desires...

Days went on & on,
Again & again when I met with failures,
I saw the ones around me rejecting me,
I felt so bitter,
Until I saw the love in my Savior's eyes,
Even when peter denied Him thrice,
I learnt love is better than bitterness...

Days went on & on,
When days of trouble followed,
I thought my loved ones will be there for me always,
But still, they left me, I was forsaken,
I thought it was all over,
Until I saw my Savior pressing towards His Goal,
Even after His own disciples fled from Him,
I learnt it is better to trust on God than man...

Days went on & on,
Troubles came, Sorrows came, Dejection followed by Depression,
But nothing had any effect on me,
Because I learnt to look at my Savior, Christ on Cross,
Who went through trails after tribulations and through much agony and pain,
But yet filled with patience, love and mercy,
Pressing towards the accomplishment of God's will...

Yes! I have my living savior who loves me as I am..
And who understands me at all moments of my life...
I will follow Him as long as I live,
And He will guide me to the eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment