QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, June 18, 2012

GHG - 1 (I HAVE CHOSEN YOU)


JOHN 15:16 “YOU HAVE NOT CHOSEN ME, BUT I HAVE CHOSEN YOU.......”

In the year 1951, during the first day of December a baby boy was born in a remote village near Tuticorin which is in the southern part of India. The baby boy was none other than my beloved father. My father was born as a last boy in a family which already had two girl and two boy children. My grandfather was working as a clerk at that time. Being the last child of the family special care was provided to my father by his loving elder sisters.

No one in that family has ever known about Jesus Christ. Every children of that family has been brought up in a traditional Hindu religion background. My forefathers have built several Hindu temples and few were black magicians among them. My father also began to grow in a traditional religious background. He hated other religions including Christianity to the core. He never knew that one day the True Living God will touch his life. 

When my father was 10 months old, his eldest sister has committed suicide and died. My father was told about this only at his young age. As she died, no one realised the curse that followed their generation which forced her to death. Even though my father understood that eldest girls who were born in the families of our generation were committing suicide, he could not find out the reason behind this. But he developed the keen desire to know the reason behind the death of his sister.

As my father was the youngest child of his family he was protected with so much care and love. One day my grandfather took him to a fortune teller. The fortune teller told him that his son will die at the age of 16 and no religious power can save him. Upon Hearing the predictions, the whole family was filled with grief and sorrow. Even my father lost all his hopes. His 16th age came and everyone around him looked so saddened that he will die soon.
But Jesus Christ has other plans about his life. 
He is a more powerful God who has chosen my father to be His witness. My father didn’t die at his 16th age and so he began to hate his own religion which predicted that he will die. That made him to search for the true God and slowly he started loving Jesus Christ and believed that He alone is a true God. The very next year he got baptised and began to follow Jesus Christ.

The true fact is my father does not chose Christ but Christ has chosen my father to be His child. My dear young friends remember this: God has chosen you for a purpose and no matter what kind of life you are living, He will surely fulfil His purpose and He will not leave you. He will be with you and will carry you all through your life as you are chosen by Him.

As my father began to hear more about Jesus Christ, he prayed a little prayer that God has to remove all generational curses that followed him. He prayed never knowing that there exists a dangerous generational curse that followed the families of his generation.

What kind of dangerous generational curse it is? Did Jesus Christ remove the generational curse that existed on our generation?
                                                                               ...................... To be continued in GHG - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment