QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, July 26, 2012

BOOK REVIEW - 5 THE WAY OF CHRISTIAN SERVICE - Zacharias Tanee Fomum

I have read so many books in my life. But I felt the presence of Holy Spirit strongly only in certain books. This is a kind of book in which God taught me so many truths even when I started studying the preface section.

This book is about “The way of Christian Service.” It has straight forward truths about serving the Lord and distinguishing Lord’s work from the devil’s work.

“Let me say that the success of a work does not necessarily make it God’s work. A work may appear very successful and yet not be God’s. The apparent lack of success, on the other hand, does not eliminate a work from being God’s work. Judged by the number of those who heard Him and continued to be faithful to Him, the work of the Lord Jesus was a failure, yet it was very work of God.”

This book also leads you to know the necessity of the hour you are living in. Even though the author has written this book in the year close to the beginning of 1980s, still God speaks through this book.

“God calls people to impossible tasks. He calls people to that which they will never do on their own. He does this so that when the task is accomplished, it will be obvious that He did it all. The God who is I AM is available for the needs of all His servants. If their need is power, He says, “I am your Power,” and becomes their power. If they are lonely, He says, “I am your friend.” If they are weary, He says, “I am your Comforter.” If there are great obstacles, He says, “I am the One who takes away all obstacles.” He is everything that His servants need.”

The author explains the deepest Spiritual secrets with a simple real life example to understand. The author takes you through the steps in which you begin to understand the heart of the Almighty God.

“It is time for one thing and one thing only. It is time to love Jesus supremely and time to take up your cross and follow Him and, like Him, be crucified to self, the world and all else. It is time to take the Gospel to the ends of the world and to preach it powerfully and Biblically; so that it will cause you your life and your all.”

If you are out there having a great desire to serve God and to do His work diligently, this is the book you have to definitely read.

“Too many believers today are doing nothing for the Lord. They are shy and withdrawn and lack boldness and a clear sense of direction. Where are those who would dare to step out at His command and take entire villages, towns, provinces, nations and continents for Him? Where are those who would seek great things for Him?”

Are you ready to serve the Lord diligently? This is the time given to you, my dear young friend. Learn to do God’s work according to His will and not on your own will. If you want to do God’s work sincerely, surrender your life to God and He will use you for His glory. 

To me, this book is a basic guide which has several truths revealed by Holy Spirit for those who want to serve God according to His will and His direction.  I strongly recommend this book for those who are called to be God’s servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment