QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, July 16, 2012

GHG - 3 (YOU ARE HIS OWN SPECIAL PEOPLE)


I Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”

Even though as my father accepted Jesus Christ as His savior, He never surrendered his life to God completely. He lived a life as name sake Christian doing sins and hurting God.  Someone said like this: “God hate sins but not the sinners”. God never hated my dad but He loved him so much that He gave my father a Virtuous woman as his wife.

My mother was born in the year 1954 as an eldest child in a family which then had nine children. She never knew about Christ as she was born in a family which worshiped man made idols. As she became young she hated to worship idols and decided to live a holy life of her own. At that moment of her life she got married to my dad who was a converted Christian. Both got married in the year 1977. 

As she married a Christian, she also became a namesake Christian without knowing who Jesus Christ is. God begun to touch her life slowly and she completely stopped worshiping idols and started praying to Jesus Christ.  Soon in the year 1978 she gave birth to my eldest brother and in 1979 she gave birth to my elder brother and in the year 1984 I was born. 

From my childhood days I have seen the way my mom dedicated her life completely to Jesus Christ. As we were living in a environment surrounded by my relatives who earnestly worship idols, God decided to bring us away from our relatives. We moved so far from our relatives and started a fresh life in a new city.

God touched our lives in that particular city. He directed us to the churches in which His presence overflows and He begun to draw everyone of us closer to Him. My mom is the first person who earnestly dedicated her life completely to Jesus Christ. From that day to till date, I have seen her living a holy life before God.

Thereafter she had begun to spend more time with God. She has never seen any movies or any dramas or any kind of unwanted things. She decided to take up her cross and started following Jesus Christ. The best thing about my mother is she never compelled us to choose Jesus Christ but she patiently thought us about Him and prayed to Him for our lives.

There were times my dad was affected by deadly diseases and confronted with worldly enemies. At those times I have seen my mom crying to God alone and never ever she cried to any man for help. Whenever we faced any problems and trials, the only person she looked up to is God. She never spends time talking unnecessarily to anyone but had made Jesus Christ her lover and shared everything to Him alone.

Even today, your life might be filled with sorrow and pain. Learn to look to God alone. People will fail you but God will never fail you. He will wipe away your tears and fill you with His gladness.

It was by the grace of God we have got a mom like her and through her tearful prayers we were blessed so richly.

My mom’s patience and prayer touched the life of my father and He left all sins and begun to follow Jesus Christ so diligently. There was a time my dad got affected by a dangerous disease and everyone around him lost their hope but yet my mom went to Gods feet and fought with God literally in prayer.

Does God heard my mom’s prayer and healed my dad? Can God heal a dangerous disease even today?   
                                                                        ...................... To be continued in GHG - 4


No comments:

Post a Comment