QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, July 2, 2012

GUEST ARTICLE - 1 (YOU WILL RECEIVE GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT)


“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” – JOHN 14:13

I would like to share one of my unforgettable and remarkable experiences which helped me to progress in the spiritual realm.

At the early days of my salvation, there was so little I knew about my savior Jesus Christ and there was no knowledge about holy spirit because I’m from different background I don’t have much opportunity to read or to listen word of God. But by the grace of God, he made me to pursue my degree course in a well reputed Christian university. There I came to know more about trinity God and anointing of Holy Spirit through word of God and also by listening to several preaching from various servants of God. Then I realized the significance of the anointing of Holy Spirit which help us to lead a spirit filled life that pleases God which will also pave way for tasting the love of God and transform us into His likeness everyday. So I was very much longing to receive the anointing of God not only that I also had seen the gifts of Holy Spirit operating in the life of young people who are of my age group. I wondered how they could be so close to God, witnessing and demonstrating the power of God through their lives. I also wondered how amazingly God uses them in His ministry to reveal His glory and power through their lives which brings salvation to many souls.

I was even more determined to ask God to fill me with anointing of Holy Spirit with in the end of a particular month because my life seems to be very meaningless without knowing the will and purpose of God in my life and my heart was filled with sense of hopelessness with much burden, agonizing and despairing over my future. It became increasingly obvious that there was only way out of my grief and meaningless existences is to get closer with living God which is possible only through receiving Holy Spirit’s anointing so each day I waited in God’s presence to receive His anointing and days rolled by and reached last day of that month and it was Sunday. So I still expecting God will somehow fill me in any of the service and fortunately, at that morning three of my dear ones and me gather together for a time of prayer. During prayer time except me all other were praying tongues and prophesying God’s blessing upon our life and God began to reveal His plans for us and for our families through them and I was deeply depressed instead of being happy to hear all those wonderful promises and plans of  God in my life because I was very much troubled and worrying about unanswered prayer of mine and I was questioning myself that why me alone couldn’t experience the literal touch of God and I’m thinking that I’m may not me eligible or worthy enough to receive those gift and anointing of Holy Spirit.

It may be only for those who are predetermined by God but still my heart cries desperately to receive filling of holy spirit so that I too could walk close with my God. I was totally bewildered meanwhile one of them asked me to pray though I refused he compelled so I reluctantly made a short prayer because I couldn’t even pray in that desolate condition. After that I said nothing to indicate to anyone what was on my mind but my Lord who knows my inner thoughts revealed my condition and also His passion and burden to fill me with His spirit to one of them. So they joined with me to ask God for me with much burden and Lord lead me to repent and confess all my sins and waited in the presence of Lord earnestly. Whole day I was anticipating for the touch of lord but nothing was happened so I was broken and frustrated but my dear ones are still encouraging me and asked me to wait upon the Lord and God revealed to one of them that tell my daughter to wrestle with me like Jacob for this blessing.

When it was almost 11’O clock at night, I went alone to prayer hall and I cried inconsolably, my sobbing echoed down the prayer hall and I prayed, “Lord either fill me with your Holy Spirit or take away my life I don’t want to live without your anointing”. Suddenly before clock strikes 12 without my knowledge my tongue started to twist and was uttering an unknown language and I felt powerful touch of God which bought greatest joy in my heart and all my sorrow was vanished. I also felt very hot all over body and Lord’s presence was immense at that night so I was been uncontrollably shaken by immeasurable filling of Holy Spirit.

From that day on I could able to have an intimate relationship with my loving Father than ever before and the knowledge about Holy Spirit from the word of God was the reason which made me to have unquenchable thirst, heart of longings and desperate for anointing of Lord in my life. Bible says when the spirit of Lord Rest upon us we shall receive wisdom, understanding, knowledge, counsel, might and fear of the Lord. This will help us to build our life on Rock called Jesus Christ. More over bible says Holy Spirit will teach us all things and bring to our remembrances all things that Jesus said (John14:26). When Holy Spirit has come upon us we shall receive power and we will be witness (Acts 1:8) and most important thing is that He bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God (Rom8:16) and also helps us in our weakness for we don’t know what we should pray for as we ought, but Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered and he makes intercession for us according to the will of God (Rom 8:26, 27)

Bible says in Joel 2:28,27 and Acts 2:17,18 And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.

According to above verse our Lord is ready to pour out His spirit upon us. Are you ready to ask for Lord’s anointing in the name of Jesus Christ and receive that your joy may be full (John 16:24).If you ask God earnestly for the anointing of His Holy Spirit, surely He will pour out His anointing upon you for He is a faithful God who fulfills His promises. Ask and it shall be given to you.

(Note: My dear young friends, The author who submitted this article does not want to reveal the identity and henceforth the name and the email id of the author was not published. Guest authors are always welcome in this blog and if you want to share your testimony or any article of yours, kindly send it to me at narainpons@gmail.com. God bless you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment