QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, August 3, 2012

YOU WILL BE THE HEAD AND NOT THE TAIL

“Then they took him and cast him into a pit. And the pit was empty; there was no water in it.
                                                                                                                                - Genesis 37:24

Joseph got a promise from the Lord that he will be raised above all. But yet the above verse records that Joseph was in a pit.

You might also have got promises from the Lord that He will lift you high and yet you might be in a downward position in your life. You desire something to happen in your life that will make you happy but exactly the opposite is getting happened in your life and that makes you to get discouraged. You might have lost all hopes about your future.

My dear young friend, today God promises you that you will be the head and not the tail. God is going to change your failures to success; your trials to triumph and your grief to joy.

You might be in a pit like Joseph. God says to you today that you are not alone. Joseph was cast away by his own blood relations. God didn’t cast him away. God’s mighty hand was with him and it carried him to greater blessings. The same gracious hand of God will lift you up.

When I studied diploma, I had went through so many failures and disappointments that made me to hate my studies and life. I thought my life will end with the simple diploma. At that moment God promised me that He will raise me up. When Jesus Christ promised that He will raise me up, my life was in a total mess and I had no hope of receiving any kind of blessings. Jesus Christ is a God who is faithful in His promises. He began to bless my studies and my life. He opened a way for me to study an engineering degree and then masters degree. Now He had enabled me to pursue doctoral study in engineering. 

My dear young friend, Jesus Christ can do the same to you today. Once I was in a deep pit struggling to come out. His gracious hands had lifted me up and it carries me even today. Lord’s gracious hands took Joseph from the pit and raised him to a greatest position equivalent to a king. 

Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you." And Pharaoh said to Joseph, "See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt." - Genesis 41:39-41 

The same God who lifted Joseph will lift you up. Jesus Christ is with you and He will make you the head and not the tail. You shall be above only and not be beneath. You might have no one around to help you now. Jesus Christ is there for you to help you and give you hope about your future. My dear young friend, your future will not be cut off for it is in the hands of Jesus Christ. Do not get discouraged. Jesus Christ will wipe away your tears and He will raise you high.

No comments:

Post a Comment