QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, August 11, 2012

YOUR SORROW WILL BE TURNED INTO JOY


“MOST ASSUREDLY, I SAY TO YOU THAT YOU WILL WEEP AND LAMENT, BUT THE WORLD WILL REJOICE AND YOU WILL BE SORROWFUL, BUT YOUR SORROW WILL BE TURNED INTO JOY.” – JOHN 16:20

Whenever troubles enter into our lives, often our hearts become shattered by the sorrow they bring in. Often we wonder why this trouble to me and we get disheartened by this kind of thought. But Bible clearly states that there will be many trials in this world. Even then when we come across such trials, tribulations, our heart gets filled with sorrow.

            You might also be treading upon this path of sorrow, sufferings, sickness, poverty or might be under the clutches of sin. But today to you, who is going through this valley of tears; who is walking alone rejected by people; the Almighty God lovingly says: “Your sorrows will be turned into joy.”

            Yes my beloved ones, today Jesus whom you and I worship is going to wipe away all your tears. He will be going to emerge out as a comforter in all of your lives. Yes He indeed is going to turn your sorrows into joy and His strength will help you to overcome your weakness.

            There was a person who was very close to me when I studied my master’s degree. After our studies we got job in different places and we were separated. Soon after some years his family people started looking for a bride for him. As his salary was low he could not get married and his age was increasing which worried his family members a lot. Their heart was filled with sorrow and disappointment. One day he got a call from an organisation asking him to come for an interview. He went to the interview and got selected. The salary they promised was a big amount so he felt so happy and joined that organization. Soon after he got a job, his marriage got fixed and with so much of joy he was preparing for his marriage day. 

Nearly one month before his marriage day, he got an order from his department head that he was thrown out of the job. He could not believe it and his whole life seems to be suddenly filled with darkness all around. He doesn’t know what to do and he began to shed tears in prayers asking Jesus Christ to help him. As his marriage day came closer his heart filled with so much of sorrow and grief. In a week he applied to nearly 25 organizations but no one called him back. At that time he begun to put all his hope on God and surrendered his life completely in the gracious hands of Jesus Christ. Everyone around him thought his marriage life will go into a deep trouble as he had no job. As all doors seem to be closed in his life, Jesus Christ opened a way for him. Exactly one week before his marriage he got a job with the same kind of salary which he never even thought of. God blessed him and he blessed his marriage life too. Recently I spoke to him and I found that he was filled with so much of gladness and he told me that his life was filled with peace and blessings of Jesus Christ.

            My dear young friend, Jesus Christ will do the same in your life too. He is an unfailing, unchanging and loving God. He is much more powerful than the mountains of trials and sufferings heaped before you. Do not be disheartened. Jesus Christ will open a new way for you and He will turn all your grief to joy. He will go before you and He will make the crooked paths straight. Jesus Christ will surely fill you with His peace and joy. My dear beloved, you will live.
“For the needy shall not always be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.” – Psalm 9:18

No comments:

Post a Comment