QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, February 16, 2013

GHG - 11 (JESUS CHRIST HAS BEST PLAN ABOUT YOUR LIFE)


“This was the Lord’s doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.” – Psalms 118:23

When I was studying at the final year of my diploma studies, everyone around me were talking about the higher studies. During my diploma studies, my physical health was not so good and I could not study properly. So my percentage is very low and I hated the studies. I didn’t have a plan to go for higher studies. All I wanted is to study a course related to computer hardware and to open a computer accessories shop. 

There was a government college in our city which was so popular for the B.Tech (UG) engineering studies. So many of my friends had a dream to get into the college and they started preparing mentally in the final year of our diploma studies. 

One day my mom came to me and told: “Dear son, the economic status of our family is not so good. So never dream to study in a private college. If you could get through the entrance exam of the government college in the city we can pay your fees or else you have to go for a job. And remember; once you get into a job you can never get into studies again. So all you have to do is to try to get into that government college.”

I know for sure that I won’t get into that government college for I had lost hope on myself. The Head of our department in which I had studied diploma studies is an elderly person. As I said in the previous article he used to smoke in the class hour and ask us to buy cigarettes and tea during class hour itself. He is a very elderly person and best in knowledge related to our studies.
He used to conduct coaching classes for the entrance exam of that government college and only those who study in that coaching class will get through the entrance exam. More than hundred people will compete in that exam and only top six will be selected. I heard that there will be negative marking also. Moreover I do not want to attend the coaching class which was conducted by my HOD because I do not want to buy any cigarette for him.

Once we had completed our final year diploma exams there was nearly one month for the entrance exam. The coaching class was started and all my friends went and joined there. They called me but I refused to join any coaching class. I thought I will sit in my home and study by myself. Soon my friends had forgotten me and they never told me any important questions or the method to face the entrance exam. They all strongly believed that I won’t get through the entrance exam. Even I believed the same.

As my entrance exams day was getting near, I put my trust in the Lord and pleaded to Him for His grace. I studied to my level best and not as best as everyone. My parents were also praying for me so earnestly.

There will be 120 questions in the paper and every correct answer will be given 4 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted. I didn’t know anything about the negative marking because none of my friends told me about this.

The day came. I prayed and went to write the exam. On that day morning my mom told me that she and my dad will be praying during the entire 3 hours of my exam. I kept that on my mind and I went into the exam hall. I decided to answer the entire 120 questions for I thought there won’t be any negative marking for wrong answers. I prayed and started writing. 

Twenty minutes exactly after the exam started I found out that I had answered nearly 80 questions. I do not know how I answered but then I remembered my parents who will be praying for me earnestly throughout the morning exam hours. So I answered the rest of the questions very slowly and came out of the exam hall after the exam hours got over.

Then came my friends who asked me how much questions I had answered and I told them that I had answered all the questions. They laughed at me and said that no one who answers all the questions will get through the entrance exam. I felt so sad and returned back to my home. But somewhere in my heart I had a faith that Jesus Christ will do a miracle.

After two days one of my friends called me and told me that I had got through the entrance. I could not believe that. As promised Jesus Christ did a marvelous thing in my life on that day. I ran to the exam center to see the results and I was placed exactly at the sixth position. 

The other friend who called me that evening told me that they went to see the results as a group. In that group everyone was so amazed to see my name in the selected list. As they stood there surprised one guy who belongs to the other religion told about me to them like this: “We know about him. He didn’t get through by himself and he will never get through this exam. His God whom he believes did this for him and enabled him to get through the exam.”

As he said it’s not me who cleared that exam but Jesus Christ who did this miracle for me. Out of 5 students who got selected from that city, except me everyone studied in that coaching class and among the total of 6 students got selected I am the one who answered all the 120 questions.
Jesus Christ did a marvelous thing on that day in my life and He gave me that degree through His abundant grace.

My dear young friends, Jesus Christ will do marvelous things in your life. You might be expecting a blessing in your life. Do not be discouraged. He will do a miracle in your life. He will never let you go down. He will be your Father and will satisfy you with His blessings. You will dwell in peace and joy that He gives you. When you face a difficult situation just look to Him for help and He will never cast away anyone who comes to Him. Your miracle is on the way.

Not only God fulfilled my biggest desires, but He even fulfilled my smallest desires. There was a time I used to fall sick often and I begun to hate medicines to the core. Then one day I went to Jesus Christ in prayer and prayed a small prayer which lasted for less than five minutes.

Did God heard my prayer and healed me from all the sicknesses? Did He fulfill my smallest desire?         
-         To be continued in GHG-12




No comments:

Post a Comment