QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, February 8, 2013

MEMOIRS - 1 (VOICE OF THE LOST SHEEP) - WRITTEN BY MS. AYSHWARYA



“Kutti…., Kutti…” 

Do you hear that sweet voice calling my name? Yeah, He is calling me. 

Oh! I forgot to tell you who is He? He is none other than my loving shepherd and I’m His little lamb named as Kutti. I’m living in a beautiful farm as one flock. 

I was enjoying every moment with my beloved shepherd who is always with me. He never left me alone. My great shepherd is sole provider of all that I need [1]. He finds pasture with green grass for me to eat and make me to lie down for rest and ruminate. He led me to still waters [2]; He would roll the stone away from the well’s mouth and waters me [3].Every day He will lead me out of fenced pen to different places for grazing, He goes before me to show the way and I used to follow Him for I know and recognize His voice [4]

He knows my feelings, my weakness, my desires, my fears and anxieties, He knows everything about me, He understands me very well than anyone else because He loved me with an everlasting love. He calls each one of us in our flock by our own name; He gathers me in His arm and carries me close to His heart [5]

Whenever my shepherd saw me approaching poisonous weeds or getting close to danger of one sort or other He uses rod and staff to correct me and comfort me by keeping me under His protection [6]. He would risk His own life to save me from any dangerous situation that I my selves got into.

Once, while we were grazing in an outfield, there came a furious lion to attack our flock. We all were startle and scared. My true shepherd didn’t flees away leaving us to guard His own life, rather He leapt in front of ferocious lion wrestling with it ceaselessly in order to protect us. As I was watching this terrible tussle I was even more agitated to see my Shepherd fighting against dreadful being by laying His own life for the sake of rescuing us.

After a prolonged struggle, He was able to slay it. When I looked at Him I could only see His blood bleeding all over His body. He was severely injured. Even in this state of death agony, He was mindful of us [7]. Because immediately after slaying the lion, He came running to us, looked us with great love and quickly counted us to check and make sure all was well with us. He cared for us, sustained us and rescued us [8].

Day and night, He watches over us. Every night He lay down near gate of pen to protect us from our enemies. He is my great defender and I’m under His constant vigilance. As long as I’m with my dear shepherd I know for sure that I’m safe and secure from all danger.

On one particular day, as usual I was following my shepherd who His leading our flock to a new place for grazing, suddenly I was attracted by something out in the wilderness away from flock. It was very appealing and tempts me not to pay attention to my shepherd’s voice. Being a stubborn creature, I failed to obey His voice and I started to move on my own way which seduced me. 

As I strayed away from right path and moving forward to path that lead to a dark, shadowy valley which I ever thought about, I aimlessly wandering on and on, without knowing that I’m lost my way. 

All of  Sudden, I fall into a pit covered by labyrinth of wild roses and brambles when I tried to come out of pit soon thorns were so hooked in my wool. I couldn’t pull free by myself Instead I caught in firmly. 

I have been tossing to and fro to set myself free but everything went in vain, only pain and hurt that remains. As all my escape attempts failed miserably great fear gripped my heart due to real danger of wolf, which shall spy me out or the lion or the bear shall spring upon me and I would be torn into pieces in an instant. This very thought made me so nervous and was greatly terrified as I was out of my comfort zone, I will be perished soon. 

I’m going on bleating piteously in pain and dying because of thirst and starvation. I’m all alone vocalizing in high pitch calling out someone to save me and get me out of this distress condition, but no one turned. As time passed by I could hear a weir noises made me agonize. Oh, there is absolutely no one to rescue me from this pitiful, perilous and pathetic condition. I understood that I shouldn’t have left my defender because I’m utterly defenseless, hopeless, helpless and presently in great danger of cruel death. I thought that’s it… It’s the last night of my life. 

Although, I realized the fact that if at all I would have obeyed my shepherd’s voice, right now I too would have been stayed safely in my shepherd’s arms as other flocks are, but nothing can be done now.

A while later, I could hear mild foot step from a long distance which is very familiar and I recognized that it’s my shepherd’s foot step, my joy over bounds.

As He was nearing me I could hear my shepherd keeps calling me by my name and searching for me: “Kutti Where are you? , Do you hear me? , where are you?”. 

As I heard His sour voice, I could understand that He was calling me persistently for long time that’s why His sweet voice has become too sour. I hurried to respond to Him; merely I couldn’t raise my voice since I was totally exhausted. But still my heart is desperate for Him to find me and even He strikes me violently with His staff I’m not going to bother because I really deserve it.

Suddenly a shadow fall on me I lifted my head, It’s my shepherd and utter shock to see His ruddy and radiant face [9] turned into dark and dull. I astonished to see a drastic change in His appearance that He used to be charming but now because of me, He was too traumatized, weak and worn-out completely. As soon as He found me, He stretched out His hand and used His staff to rescue me by clipping away the bush and gently snipping away my wool.

He used that same staff to set me free from my entanglement. He lifted me gently and hugged me tightly to His bosom; I felt how much He missed me? At that very moment I thought how precious and special am I to my shepherd. Even Though I refused to listens His voice and ignored His direction still He didn’t give up looking for me. He left all other healthy good sheep and came thus far for me. I know I’m not at all worthy of His love; this thought brought uncontrollable tears which started to roll down my cheeks. He gently wiped away my tears and carried me upon His shoulder [10]

Will it be fair if I ever leave this loving shepherd anymore??

Note:
GHG Team thank Ms. Ayshwarya for taking up the responsibility to write this article.

Biblical References: 
[1]Psalm 23:1, [2] Psalm 23: 2, [3] Genesis 29:3, [4] John 10:3, [5] Isaiah40:11, [6] Pslam23:4, [7]Psalm 8:4, [8] Isaiah 46:4, [9] Song of Solomon 5:10, [10] Luke 15:5.
This article is written based on Luke 15:1-7 and Matthew 18:10-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment