QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, May 20, 2013

IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER LIFE - TAKEN FROM A FORWARDED EMAIL


How should we pray?

 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

“But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” (Matthew 6:6) 

“..Pray without ceasing,” (I Thessalonians 5:17)

For whom should we pray?

 “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem...” (Psalms 122:6)

 “…..pray for those who mistreat you” (Luke 6:28)

 “……pray for each other…” (James 5:16)

 “…keep on praying for all the saints (God’s servants)” (Ephesians 6:18)

 “….prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. (1 Timothy 2:1,2)

 When should we pray?

 “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.” (Ephesians 6:18)

 Does God answer our prayers?

“From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. He said: “In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. (Jonah 2:1,2)

When does God answer our prayers?

“……He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him”. (1 Chronicles 5:20)

Prayer brings joy to the Lord

“….the prayer of the upright pleases Him.” (Proverbs 15:8)

“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,   and his ears are attentive to their prayer….” (1 peter 3:12)

How does prayer reach God?

“…Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.”  (Revelation 5:8)

 What we should before prayer?

“And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” (Mark 11:25)

 Our Role model: Jesus prayed

 “Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray…” (Mathew 26:36)

GOD BLESS YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment