QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Sunday, May 26, 2013

YOU WILL BE A BLESSING ONLY IF YOU OBEY GOD'S WORD

“And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.” – Philippians 2:8

Jesus Christ was obedient until His death on the cross. We also have to be obedient to receive God’s blessings in our life.

I know a young guy who was asked to preach God’s word in a college fellowship. He studied his UG degree in the same college and so the professor was conducts the fellowship know him very well. Weekly once the students used to gather in that professor’s house for a time of worship.

The young guy waited at God’s feet for God’s word and God clearly spoke to him through Holy Spirit asking him to share his entire life experience. He never had spoken about his bad past anywhere and so he was shocked. He was hesitating as the professor who conducts the fellowship had thought of him as a very holy person.

But as Jesus Christ insisted him to speak about his good and bad life experience, he obeyed His voice and went there. He spoke about the love of God explaining how God restored his spiritual life sharing all the past experiences openly. The fellowship got over and everyone left.

As he was sitting and talking with the professor, the professor’s wife came to him and told that a girl came to her with tears after the fellowship and said, “God spoke to me and what He spoke through that guy was exactly my life. I am so happy that Jesus Christ spoke about my life and His love upon me.”

The young guy was not at all a great preacher. He is an ordinary servant of God. But on that day as he obeyed God’s word literally, God blessed and encouraged a young girl through that guy.
Out of his obedience Jesus Christ brought blessings into the life of another girl. One guy’s obedience brought blessings into someone’s life.

Even today if you surrender your life to Jesus Christ and obey His will, you will be blessed and also others will get blessings through your life.

What Lord did as Jesus Christ lived a obedient life? Bible says in Philippians 2:9 clearly, “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name.”


Jesus Christ was obedient and so Lord exalted Him. My dear young friends, if you obey God’s will, Jesus Christ will exalt you and will make your life a blessing to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment