QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

GHG - 8 (YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES YOU)


If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!” – Matthew 7:11

Two days back when my father called me through phone he asked me: “Daddy, how are you?” You might be surprised to know a father calling his son, “Daddy”. Many people were surprised about this for the past 28 years.

The story began in the year 1984 when I was born. In 1983, my dad lost his father whom he loved most in the world. He could not able to bear the death of his father. My two brothers were at the age of 4 & 5. My father felt that there was no more hope and he stopped going to his work. There was no more income for our family and they went through a very tough situation at that time. My father din’t went to his work for one year.

Exactly after a year of his father’s death, I was born. When I was born he believed that God gave back his father to him. He was so happy about my birth and started loving me so much. From the day I was born, he started calling me “Daddy”. Throughout these 28 years, only 6 or 7 times he addressed me with my name and the rest of the moments he calls me as “Daddy”.

My dad continued without any work as he felt so happy to spend time with me. Elders around him advised to go to work but he din’t listen to anyone. Exactly after one month I got a severe fever and my parents had no money to take me to a doctor. Seeing my pathetic condition, my dad decided to go for work so that he can take care of me well. Because of the love he had upon me, he started going to a regular work almost after a year.

As my father loved me so much I got a special care and respect among my family members and relatives. Even when my mom talks about me to my dad she uses the phrase “Your Daddy”. Even at the times of my misbehavior my dad never hated me but corrected me with so much patience and love.

He sacrificed many things for me. When I begun to grow and crawl, he saw me moving towards a small bit of cigarette lying on the floor which he smoked a hour before. As he saw me taking that in my small hands, my mom told him that your dad will start smoking cigarette if you don’t stop it now. He stopped smoking from that day onwards.

As years passed by we understood the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and got saved. Before we were saved we used to go to movie theaters as a family. But once we got saved my mom stopped watching movie and all other stuffs. She never forced us to do so but she always insisted my father to be an example to his children. My father tried his best but he can’t stop watching movies.

At one particular week, I had severe fever and doctors diagnosed that I was suffering with Typhoid. My father will sit at the corner of my bed and he will pray to God with tears for my healing. Continuously for two weeks I was sick. My father could not see me suffering like that. As he prayed for my recovery, he felt that he has to stop watching movies. So he told in prayer that if God heals me immediately he will never watch movie again.

God heard his prayer and healed me immediately and my dad stopped watching movies from that day onwards. There were times he got life taking diseases. But he used to say that he want to live because if he dies there won’t be any one to take care of me as he take care of me. God is so gracious that He always answered our prayers and tears. By the grace of Jesus Christ, my father is still alive and he is in a healthy state at the age of 61.

Dad, I can say that you are the best dad one can ever have. I want God to give you much more years to live so that I can be with you for I love you lots.


I can tell you so many things that my father did to me throughout these 28 years. Now I am married and still he loves me with the same love. His love upon me had never changed. Before I get married, he used to tell me like this: “I am waiting for the day God brings my mother to me”. He had a strong belief that I am like his daddy and so my wife will be like a mother to him. Such was his love upon me. Thanks to Lord for He enabled my wife to get adapt with my father’s behavior so easily. 

 Truly my dad loves me so madly and he can’t bear my sadness at all. Whenever I cried, he used to shed tears and pray for me. He always says to me: “Do not cry dad. As long as I am alive I will provide you the desires of your heart and I will provide what is good to you. You should not cry as long as I am alive.”

My dear young friends, if an earthly father can love his son this much, how much more your Heavenly Father will love you. Lord is your Heavenly Father and whatever you ask in the name of Jesus Christ will be given to you. As He promised you will be blessed richly with His blessings which will bring good to you. Never ever think that you have no one to love you truly. Jesus Christ loves you so much. He is still working in you. Do not lose hope for your Heavenly Father is your creator and He will never leave you nor forsake you.

I want you to know that there were times my loving father corrected me in a tough way. I still remember one incident in which he had beat me severely. At that time it was hard but now when I look back the way he corrected me brought so many changes in my life. 

What is the reason for which I was beaten by my father? What change it has brought in my life?

                                                                         ...................... To be continued in GHG - 9

No comments:

Post a Comment