QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, October 4, 2012

GUEST ARTICLE - 2 (WHY GOD CREATED US?)


Why GOD created us and what is the reason behind it? Many of you would have heard this in either a Christian convention or a charismatic church or in some youth revival camp. But I am sure as a Christian you would have come across this question in your life.  Do I know the answer? Do any of my friends know the answer or does my Pastor know the answer? Is GOD the only person I can get the answer from or is there an answer at all? Well we can be pretty sure about one thing though. Our GOD is an orderly GOD (1 Corinthians 14:33), He is not someone who creates something, for example the human kind without a reason or a purpose. I am writing below the different answers I received for this question in different times and seasons of my life. May be you too are going through one these moments in your life.

I was born in a Christian Family. So reading the bible, going to church, sitting for family prayers was a natural thing to do. As a kid I just thought this was normal. I had to memorize my bible verses to get my food, yes my mother was strict. Telling your problems to GOD, thanking him for everything He did in your life was an everyday affair. I just thought that GOD was a great person to have by your side. I mean, common everybody said He is big, He is great. Why not have Him by you. The question that time was what I can give Him to ask Him to stay by my side. My family participated a great deal in the church activities I was also encouraged to participate in the church choir. So I would say I was a bit more exposed to preaching in the church than my peers. Being in the church and choir when confronted with this question, I came to the conclusion that I was created to praise GOD. GOD created us, loved us and died for us. As a teenager this was what I thought the answer was. The reason for my creation was to praise GOD.

In the mean time GOD blessed me a lot in my school; I also had an opportunity to study my bachelors in an Engineering college. GOD raised me up among my family, friends. Where ever I went people treated me with special care, I knew this was because I was a child of GOD and I continued in my reasoning that the purpose of my creation was to praise GOD. Later in the final years of my University as GOD lifted me up, people began to see GOD in me. Slowly my thoughts shifted, I began to think that I was created to stand up for GOD, shine for GOD as a testimony for GOD. My Christian friends were also going through the same deliberation. As I was getting near to the finishing stages of my studies, it was very important to get a job before the end of my studies, that is what I thought or atleast everybody thought at that time. My friends said it is an absolute pity if we don’t get a job before we finish. GOD blessed and gave many of my friends’ jobs before they completed their studies. We believed this was why GOD created us; to shine His light and stand as a testimony for Him.

Although I didn’t get a job, GOD blessed me in a different way. GOD by His grace enabled me to continue my post graduate studies in a foreign land. Now the case takes a turn. Living in foreign country is considered equal to living in a paradise. But actually it is the opposite. There won’t be anybody to take care; you have to do your own shopping, cooking, cleaning, washing etc.  There is no mess or canteen who will cook all three meals of your day. Worse part is if you get sick, you have to deal with it alone. Your mum is 10000 miles away perhaps to make you a hot cup of kashayam(herbal drink). The loneliness will kill you.  When someone goes through situations in life like this they are bound to have a different perspective in every aspect of life, leave alone GOD. You are exposed to a new dimension in life. As a Christian I began to trust GOD more for everything in life. Yes friends can help you but only up to an extent, the boundaries of friendship would change a lot with people from different countries. In my loneliness GOD helped me to understand Him more. He thought me more and every time when I walked through a tough situation, He helped me and carried me.

I came to understand GOD created us to have a relationship with us; to love us and to be loved by us. I learned, nothing else mattered in life. Did I have good parents? Did I go to a good school or was I able to get a good education. Did I get a job before everybody or before I finish College? Would I be able to find a good life partner? Would anybody love me? Would I be single and lonely all my life? I learnt, none of these things mattered. Now I understand the reason GOD created me was to love Him in my life on earth. Am I doing that right or am I getting distracted by the things of this world? Parents, education, Job, spouse, kids: none of these matter.  

Every second of our lives we have to spend worshiping, praising GOD for His love. Asking for something and testifying is only a part of the Christian life. Answering our prayers is an easy task for GOD, in Ephesians 3:20 Paul says, “God is able to do far more than we could ever ask for or imagine. He does everything by His power that is working in us”. In Mathews 6:8 Jesus says GOD knows our wants even before we ask. Part of being a loving Father is to care for his children. What I learnt was the other things or blessings will come automatically. But do we love Him enough to sacrifice anything in our lives. I would say it is easier said than done. Jesus said, “Love your GOD with all your heart, with all your love and with your entire mind, this is the first and the greatest commandment”.

As we move on in our lives, we have to praise God for what all He has done and going to do in our lives. We should seek Him daily and we should walk according to His counsel. We should know Him more and grow in Him. Above all, we should love our God who created us. Do you really love Jesus Christ or do you run behind Him simply for worldly blessings?

Love God and Love your neighbour as you love yourself, because nothing else matters in this world as we live together. May God give you His grace to love Him more than anyone and anything. God bless you.


(Note: My dear young friends, The author who wrote this article does not want to reveal the identity and henceforth the name and the email id of the author was not published. Guest authors are always welcome in this blog and if you want to share your testimony or any article of yours, kindly send it to me at goldenhandsofgrace@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment