QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, January 7, 2013

GHG - 10 (GOD WILL GUIDE AND PROTECT YOU)


“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye.” – Psalms 32:8

When I had completed my secondary school exam on the year 1999, as all my friends had joined higher secondary studies my desire was also to join the same. But my parents wanted me to do diploma studies. I had no knowledge about God’s will on that age. So I persisted with my own desire but finally my parent’s persistence succeeded and I had joined a government polytechnic college where diploma course was offered.

My first year was so tough because of the two maths subject and even I got arrears in one of those subjects. At the end of my first year I was standing as a failure which I could not accept at all.

I know that the next two years I will be in the department related to my course as first year will be taught in a common way. I entered the department as a failure expecting my days in the department will bring happiness to my heart.

The very first day, Head of the department (HOD) came to teach as he was handling a subject to us on that semester. I was shattered when I saw the way he entered the class. Usually we know that a teacher will enter the class with chalk or with some papers.

But my HOD entered the class with cigarette in one hand and one glass of tea in another hand. In the days to come, I saw him teaching to us while he will be smoking. In a period of 50 minutes he will smoke at-least 3 cigarettes and will drink two cups of tea.

Not only that he smoke while teaching but at times during the class he might not have enough cigars. Immediately he will ask few of us some questions. Mostly students will not answer such questions which were asked to them suddenly. Once we do not answer his questions he will send two of us to buy cigars with our own money and one of us to buy tea for him.

If he smokes on his own money, he will buy an ordinary cigar but if we have to but it for him he will insist us to buy costly cigars. When I saw all this, my heart was perplexed and I don’t know what to do for he is the HOD who will be taking theory and labs all the semester of our course.

As I took all this matters to Jesus Christ in prayer, He gave me His counseling. God told me not to buy cigar for the HOD at any circumstances and also He promised me that He will provide me His grace to do so.

Let me tell you my dear young friends, I studied under the leadership of my HOD for two full years and I went to some of his tuition classes too. But God has never let me down. By God’s grace I had never bought even one cigar to my HOD. There were times he had asked me questions and I didn’t answered the questions properly. But all that he will ask me to get is a cup of tea for him. All through the two years, I had never got him a single cigar. Somehow he came to know that I will not get a cigar for him but he never took any revenge nor showed any anger to me. 

My dear young friends, even you might be facing a toughest situation in school or college or office where your authorities might insist you to do something against the will of God. Do not get discouraged. Take it to God in prayer. He will set His eyes upon you and will guide you. As His eyes are upon you, no one can come against you for He will battle for you. You will be protected by Him. Do not compromise at worldly things. Stand for the glory of God. Jesus Christ will stand for you and will protect you. 

My HOD was a talented person and knowledgeable person. He used to take coaching classes for the students who appear for the entrance exam for a degree course in a government college. Mostly the students who attend his coaching class alone will get through the exam. I was afraid to attend his coaching class because of the above said matters. 

Did I attended his coaching class and did I clear that entrance exam?
                                                                                                        … to be continued in GHG - 11

No comments:

Post a Comment