QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, January 19, 2013

LORD IS OUR PROVIDER & HEALER - TESTIMONY OF MONYA THOMAS


Philippians 1:6 “God began doing a good work in you and I am sure he will continue it until it is finished…”

My great and faithful God really began a good work for me from the day I was born. Even though things were unsure during my birth, of whether I would be born or not, God was so faithful in bringing me into this world. Years passed by and God kept doing wonderful things in my life for which I wouldn't even be thankful many times. God graciously helped me clear my 10th and 12th with really good percentages and then was the time of my admission into some engineering college.

At that point, it felt like all doors were closed….but all I learnt is God leaves at least one door opened and lets us know only at the right time. It was miraculous to see that I had actually cleared one of the Christian Engineering University entrance examination.

The verse Job 42:2 beautifully says “I know that you can do all things and that no plan of yours can be ruined.” This verse comes as a truth to each one of us no matter what situation we are in. When we feel that nothing is working out correctly in our lives, God teaches us to trust in him because He has planned something really big and better for us than what we are actually planning for ourselves.

Today, when I look back to the day when I had to leave my parents and start living in a new place, I realize that God had such a beautiful plan to get me educated in such a good college. As every student dreams, I entered the college with lots of dreams and aspirations. By God’s pure grace I got a seat in Electronics and Communication and hence my engineering life started. Everything was going normal at that stage. But as all of us know Satan tries to attack us every time we start having everything good in our life for he can’t bear that we are God’s children.

Unusually, I started suffering from severe migraine. The bible says “By His stripes we are healed”. All I know is even though I suffer so much and I come to a situation where I can’t really handle myself I know and I have learnt that God is always there. Even through the times of pain and weakness God gave me the strength and I can boldly say to each one of you who is suffering from any kind of illness or sickness  ...”Our God is a healer”. All we need to do is just submit each pain we have into his hands.

My problems didn't stop there. In the first year itself I got an arrear in one of my core subjects. After that it felt like I was so useless and that I could never continue scoring properly in my academics. But sometimes we need to know that certain situations in our life occur just so that we get closer to God. It taught me to cry out to God and keep trusting him till the end. I was actually surprised that in that particular year there was an option of supplementary and purely by God’s grace I cleared that paper. It was God’s blessings that I had really good parents, friends and staff who supported me through this.

From that day on, each day started becoming a testimony because as I went to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year my subjects started getting tougher but God’s grace led me through. There were times when I thought there was no way I could study a subject but in the end I get to understand that “Not by might, nor by power but by His Spirit.” I conquered each subject. Simultaneously God has been blessing my family abundantly. He is the only one who hears to each of our tears.

Also when I entered my final year of engineering my placement was a big doubt. I was clueless and didn't know how to prepare. All I knew was since 2 years I had always desired to get into Accenture( a Multinational company).When the campus placements began I didn't get through the 1st company that came to our campus and I was really depressed. But I again I cried and submitted it at the feet of the Lord and like said in the Bible “God shall meet all the desires of your heart.”

God helped me get placed in the second company which was Accenture (like I had wished). God has promised each one of us that “He has plans…to prosper us and not to harm us.” All we need to do is blindly put our trust in him and put in the little efforts we can. God will surely multiply our efforts and bring us success.

Proverbs 3:5 teaches us “Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don’t depend on your own understanding”.  It is really God’s grace that I am able to testify all the good things He has done for me.

I can surely tell you that if God could help me through each of my troubles and problems, then God is surely there to take you out of any problem you are going through also. Just keep submitting every issue regarding your life at God’s feet and cry out to Him because He is the only one who understands our heart’s cry and He is the solution to each of our life’s problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment