QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, January 12, 2013

LOVE EACH OTHER - TO HUSBANDS AND WIVES


Recently I was reading about the life of a nurse who died of cancer. She had several unhappy marriages. Some students went to her home to do a case study on the effect of cancer upon her. As she shared some important advises to them related to medical studies, she also shared with them one personal advice regarding marriage. She said to them, “To have a better marriage life, don’t yell at each other unless the house is on fire”.

Personally I have seen several marriages ending in divorce. In this modern era, divorce was increasing at a very rapid rate. As the sons and daughters of God we have to understand the importance of marriage life. If we read the Bible we can understand that God is pleased about the marriage relationship.

The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." - Genesis 2:18

Nearly four months back, I and my wife attended a Christian meeting which was conducted especially for the young couples. One of the renowned servant of God shared God’s word. I just want to share with you what the servant of God shared with us.

TO WIVES:

1.      Submit yourselves to your own husband.

Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord” – Ephesians 5:22
(As it was stated in Ephesians 5:24, you have to be submissive to your husband in everything)

2.      You have to forget your father’s house.

Listen, O daughter, Consider and incline your ear; Forget your own people also, and your father's house" - Psalms 45:10,11

(It doesn’t mean that you have to forget everyone of your household but you should not put down your husband by comparing him with what you had in your father’s house)

3.      Love your husband.

4.      Let your conduct speak rather than your words.

Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives" - I Peter 3:1

TO HUSBANDS:

1.      Love your wife.

“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her" - Ephesians 5:25

2.      Do not be harsh with them.

“Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them” – Colossians 3:19

3.      Cherish and Nourish them.

“For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church" - Ephesians 5:29

4.      Respect your wife.






No comments:

Post a Comment