QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, January 5, 2013

HUMBLE YOURSELF, YOU WILL RECEIVE A MIRACLE (TAKEN FROM A SPIRITUAL MAGAZINE)


“Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” – I Peter 5:5

Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.”

And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that you should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘do this’ and he does it”

When Jesus heard it, He marveled and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”

We read in Matthew 8:5-13 that the centurion’s servant was healed that same hour.

When Jesus went through all the towns and villages doing good to the people, he entered a town called Capernaum. It was here that He met the centurion, a Roman official. When the centurion pleaded with Jesus for healing, the Lord did a miracle to his servant. Because this centurion was a man of authority, it is possible that he would have invited all the famous doctors in that area to treat his servant’s illness.

However, it was all in vain. Finally, when he came to know about Jesus Christ, he went up to Him, humbled himself, made a supplication and received a miracle.

Perhaps you are in a similar situation today. Perhaps you are thinking that despite your best efforts at resolving that pressing issue, the sickness remains, the problem persists, the pain remains, the debts accumulate, the marriage is still a long way, the baby that you long for is still a dream. You are hurting and wondering if God will never perform a miracle for you.

Jesus Christ, who answered the centurion’s supplication, is going to grant your wish and perform a miracle for you today.

Perhaps you are disappointed that while the miracle continues to elude you, it seems to happen all the time to people around you. Perhaps you are wondering why despite praying for several years, nothing seems to be happening in your life. Jesus Christ is not partial. He loves all and He works in the lives of everyone. So, are you wondering why that miracle you are praying continues to elude you?

When the centurion approached Jesus Christ, our Lord saw something very unique in him. If your maid or servant is ill, we don’t go with them to the hospital. We would give them some money and ask them to consult a doctor. But here was a high ranked roman official going in search of Jesus for his servant. What did Jesus see in him? He saw that centurion loved his servant like he loved himself. Secondly, Jesus saw that the centurion was humble.

In those days, the Jews were under the Romans. The centurion was a high ranking officer. He could have remained at home and asked one of his soldiers to go, fetch Jesus.

In the world’s eyes, Jesus Christ was the son of a lowly carpenter and because of this fact some religious leaders did not give any importance to Him. Contrast this is the attitude of the centurion.

He realized that Jesus was Lord. He knew he was not worthy that Jesus should come to his home. So he humbled himself and went to seek Jesus. Jesus saw his humility and decided to delight him by doing a miracle for him.

If you humble yourselves in the presence of God today, surely He will do a miracle for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment