QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

COME UP TO ME AND BE WITH ME


Exodus 24:12 “Then the Lord said to Moses, “Come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you tablets of stone, and the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them.”

Many a times in our life we long to hear God’s voice but yet we could not hear His voice. Not only you long to hear the voice of God but you also long to preach God’s word to others.

Today Jesus Christ is telling you: “My dear child, come up to Me and be with Me.”

If you have to hear God’s voice and to preach His word to others you have to get closer to God. What will happen when you get closer to God?

The above verse says,”…I will give you the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them.”

Once you get closer to God, He will give you His commandments to you that you may preach about that to everyone around you.

Even today Jesus Christ wants to speak to you about everything concerning your life and the lives of others. All you have to do is to get closer to God.

I know a great servant of God. Once while preaching he told about his life experience with his dad. In his family he is the one who is so attached to his father. Everyday after returning from the office his father used to make him sit in his lap and used to teach him about so many things. They used to speak for hours together. Being a little guy he was so proud and happy about the love of his father.

There came a day, his school teacher reminded him about the last date for paying fees. The last day to pay the fees came and on that day morning only he remembered about the fees payment and so he ran to his father’s room to ask money. But on that day his father went to office so early.

He knows that unless he pays the fees the school authority will not allow him to attend the class. So he went to his father’s office. From a long distance he saw his father speaking to some people. He thought to himself that once his father sees him he will run to him and will embrace him and ask him about his need.

With this expectation he moved towards his father. As his father saw him, he just ordered one of the people under his authority to go to his son and find out what is needed for him and to do the needful. His father never ran to him at all but he just fulfilled what is needed to his son through another person. 

The servant of God related the incident like this: “Being in private in our home my dad used to speak to me very differently than the way he speaks to me in his office or in other public places. In private, he used to clear all my doubts and teaches about so many things to me. But in public he speaks simple words which just fulfill my needs.

Similarly when God speaks to us in a public meeting he speaks simple words through his servants which fulfill our needs. But if we get closer to Him in private prayer time or Bible reading time, He will teach us so many things and strengthen us to preach His words to others.”

My dear young friends, Jesus Christ want you to come closer to Him. He wants to speak to you. He wants to reveal His heart’s desire to you. You might say that you have no strength to move on in your life. Do not be discouraged. Get closer to Jesus Christ. Pray well. He will strengthen you. He will speak to you and will bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment