QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, March 29, 2013

GIVE AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU


Luke 6:38 “Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

Yesterday I went to a city where my brothers live. My eldest brother has a son and a daughter. His son is 6 years old and daughter is 4 years old. I like them both. As his son go to school in the school bus, I along with my father went with him to drop him in the bus stop.

We were the second to reach that spot and slowly other children came with some elder people. There came a little girl with an elderly woman. I think that the elderly woman might be her grand mom. She was a cute little girl and I think she will be around 7 years old. She had a heavy bag on her shoulders.

As we were waiting for the bus there came a very old man begging for money. He first came to us and my dad gave some coins to him. Slowly he started to move on his way.

Seeing this old man, the little girl began to remove her heavy bag from her shoulders. The elderly woman who accompanied her didn't like the little girl’s behavior. In-spite of that she removed the bag and opened it fast. I was keenly watching her. She opened her bag and took her snacks box out. From that she took a biscuit packed. Then she opened it as fast as she could and gave few biscuits to the begging old man. He was so happy about it and put those biscuits in his bag and moved away. Then the little girl gave some biscuits to her school mates who stood nearby.

I was so surprised by her behavior and I felt strongly in my Spirit that she will be blessed for what she did.

Even God wants us to do the same. That’s why Jesus Christ told us to give. Bible says in Luke 6:33,34 “And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.”

Jesus Christ has set an example before us. He came into this world to give His life for us. He gave His life for us so that we might be blessed. He died for us when we were not at all eligible to receive such a blessing.

Bible says in Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

My dear young friends, Jesus Christ loves you so much even today. All you can give Him back is you. Give yourself to Christ. Give your money to His ministry and needy people around you. Give your time to Christ in prayer and in His work. Give your best to God so that people will be blessed through God. As you give which belongs to you, you will receive God’s abundant blessing in your life. Not only you, but your generation also will be blessed.

Because Jesus Christ gave His life for us, we are saved. Similarly when you give your time, money, strength or whatever you have to Jesus Christ, many people will be saved through you for His glory. You will also be blessed.

On this Good Friday, let us learn to Give and be blessed. Give and it will be given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment