QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, June 20, 2013

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 1 (LIFE IS A PRECIOUS GIFT. DO NOT HATE YOUR LIFE)


When I felt in my Spirit to write a continuous article on God’s perfect gift I thought to write about Parents and other relations. But day before yesterday I received a message from one of my sister whom I know and she said that our life itself is a perfect gift if we analyse it in God’s perspective.

Actually I had thought to start this article by writing about my mom and dad but once I received that message I thought I should start with the life which was given by God as a perfect gift to us.

“Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.” – Psalm 139:16

Bible says in Isaiah 44:2&24 that we were formed in the womb by the Lord. Before we were formed He knows us and all the days ordained for us were written in His book.

Life is a perfect gift given by God to us. There were times when we fall in sin or when we face tough situations in our life we begun to hate our life. At times we fail to understand the importance of the precious gift given by Lord to us.

Many years ago on one particular evening I got sick and the people around me took to me to a hospital. The doctors admitted me in the Intensive Care Unit. In the section which I was admitted a old man was also there. I think he will be around 45 to 50 years of age. His conscious level was very low and he was in life support machines. Even my body was also connected to so many machines but I was breathing normally. The doctors in that hospital were carefree about this old man because he was there for more than 7 days. His family was waiting outside crying anxiously for his life but doctors were not bothered about it.

They failed to load one medicine in the machine connected to him and suddenly his heart beat level went very low. Even now I remember the incident. His chest was going up and down and the old man gained little bit conscious and was looking at me and his eyes were pleading me to save his life. He could not speak because of the tubes attached and even I could not speak for the same reason. But his eyes looked at me and pleaded me to save his life. Soon a siren sound came and the doctors rushed to his bed and did so many things to bring him to normal stage. Later after some time his breath level was very low and they provided him oxygen through ventilator. I don’t know what happened to him after that but I came out of the hospital on the same night.

Till that night I hated my life for various failures. I was struggling in my Spiritual life too and so I used to ask God to take my life. Daily I used to do the same prayer very earnestly. But that night from the eyes of that old man I understood the importance of life given by God to us. That night I faced the darkness of death. On that day I was far away from God and I had no hope to reach heaven. Through His gracious hands of Grace Jesus Christ lifted me from the death bed and I am living today because of His grace.

If you die without Jesus Christ you will no way reach heaven. Life is a precious gift of God and do not try to end your life by committing suicide.

I know few people who tried to commit suicide because of their life failures and were saved by God. When I look at their life now, they are living a blessed life through the grace of Jesus Christ.

Situations might seem to be so tough. But don’t hate your life for that and also don’t try to end it by yourself.

One of my friend hated life and thought of committing suicide for love failure but his mom’s prayer saved him and today he is living with his wife happily and he is enjoying his life now.

Another person whom I know also failed in love and he also thought of ending his life. But God saved him and today he is living happily with his wife and children supporting God’s ministry.

When I was 17, I was told that I will be failed in a lab exam. That afternoon I thought of running to sea and kill myself. But Jesus Christ made me to go home on that day. I thought I will be a failure in studies. On that day I had thought I will never pass my diploma. After 12 years if you see my life now, I was about to complete my doctorate degree and God has given me a good job and a loving wife.

“...He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world...” – Ephesians 1:4

My dear young friends, you are so precious in God’s sight. Jesus Christ loves you a lot. Don’t hate your life and don’t try to end your life for any reasons for your life is a precious gift given by God to you.



                       -         To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment