QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Sunday, June 9, 2013

MEMOIRS - 2 (VOICE OF THE PRODIGAL SON) - WRITTEN BY MS. MELINDA CHARLET


Hi. I’m Dev. I have an elder brother Jonathan. I’m my Dad’s favourite. We lived a happy life together, until I messed up my life with my own decisions.

My Dad is rich in His love. He sacrificed many things for my joy. He has never let me down in front of others. Many a times I have done mistakes, but He has never rejected me. Even when I disobeyed Him, His love towards me was unchanging. He patiently corrects me and always forgives me for my shortcomings. He underwent many sufferings for my welfare. He offered me all that I desired. But, at one point I started comparing my life with that of my friends and felt I was too dependent on my Dad. Though I was happy with my present life, I wanted to be independent.

So, one fine day I went to my Dad and said “Father, divide your wealth and give my share”. My Dad out of His love for me gave of my share. The moment I received my share, I informed all my friends who were with me for so many years. We lived as friends and brothers all these years. They were so close to me. In fact, they meant everything to me.

Not many days after I received my share, we took our journey into a far country. There I lived a riotous and a wretched sinful life with my friends. I enjoyed all the pleasures of the world. I thought this is how my life should be. Initially everything went on well. Day by day as my money started reducing, the love and affection of my friends was different. I did not realise it till I enjoyed my life to the maximum.

There came one fine day, when all my money was spend. I did not have any money to even buy a ticket to return to my home town. When I sort the help of my friends, there was no one to help me. Everybody left me. I was all alone, feeling lonely and rejected at my heart. We were friends for many years. They were all with me when I had money. Once my money was spent, there was no one beside me. Still I can’t digest the fact that my friends cheated me. Their love towards me was just for the money that I had. I cried like a mad man that day, not knowing what to do. The face of my father kept on flashing my eyes. I can’t control my tears. All that I can do is just cry! Nothing else.

Now a big famine struck the country. I understood that I have to work for my living. I became a citizen of that country. I went in search for a job, here and there daily. But no one offered me a job. I had absolutely no money, no place to stay and no food at all. Several days passed, I have not eaten anything because of famine. Whenever I feel hungry, tears rolled down my eyes. I had absolutely nothing left.

Finally a man offered me a job. Do you know what that work was? It’s to feed his swine’s. Out of my hunger, I started eating ‘Husks’ which swine’s eat. Then I realised the love and care of my Father. I remembered the days, when my Dad came behind me feeding me the most delicious and favourite foods. Realising this I said, “Even the servants of my Father have enough food to eat, but I’m perishing here”. I took a decision to return to my Father. I felt bad for dishonouring Him in front of all my relatives. As I experienced the fake love of my friends, I understood the value of His true love. I was firm to return.

As I was travelling back home, I was thinking about my Dad. “What will I say to Him?”, “Will He be angry on me?”, ”Will He accept me?”.....all these question strikes my mind several times. I’m my Dad’s favourite, but to be frank right now I’m scared to face Him. While I was still far from my home, my Dad noticed that I was coming. It was quite a long distance, but my Dad started running towards me with compassion. I could not control my tears when I saw my Dad running towards me. My Dad has knee problem. He has never revealed me about his pain, because he wanted me to be happy always without worrying. I’ve even seen in secret how he struggles to walk with that pain. But today, with the same pain He is running towards me with love.

The moment He reached me, He flung his hands around my neck, hugged me and kissed me. Till that point I was feeling lonely, but from then on I never felt lonely. I said “I’m sorry Dad. I have sinned. I’m no longer worthy to be called your Son. Keep me as one of your hired servants”. But my Dad looked to one of his servants and said “Give my Son the best robe to wear, put a ring in his hands and shoes on his feet”. He ordered the fatted calf to be killed for the party.

That day was an unforgettable day in my life. I had a reunion with my family. My Dad gave me the best party ever. From then on, I had no lack for joy and peace in my life. I became a new person forever! I’m very happy today and I want your life to be happy as well. Are you feeling lonely today? Are you rejected by someone who is close to your heart?

 I have a question for you! If an Earthily Father could offer such a love, how much more will the Heavenly Father lavish His love upon His children?

Jesus is the Embodiment of Love. Only He can satisfy your heart with true love. Are you feeling guilty today, thinking about your past sins and present mistakes. I can understand your feelings very well, because I was like you. I suffered everything as a result of my wrong choices. But my dear friend, I don’t want you to suffer today. Come to Jesus-your Father. He has a big heart to forgive you and forget your sins and love you unconditionally. You are very special to Him. Your wretched life will be transformed. You can also become a new person like me if you trust Jesus. May you experience a change just like me!

Note:
GHG Team thank Ms. Melinda Charlet for taking up the responsibility to write this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment