QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, August 24, 2013

BICYCLE TO CHEVROLET CAR: A JOURNEY FILLED WITH GOD'S GRACE AND BLESSING



“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.” – 1 Peter 5:6

When I was a growing infant, my father brought a new cycle for our home. The moment I saw that I felt the whole world was ours! I never allowed anyone to touch that cycle. As I was so young I could not ride it. But my dad had put a stand for me and I tried my best to pedal it with my little legs. That night my heart was overflowing with joy and I could not sleep because of that joy. 

We had two cycles in our house and that is our wealth. My school will be over in the afternoon itself and then my father used to take me for long rides in the cycle. Those were the precious days of my life. We had played hand tennis by using that cycle as net. During those days I had a desire to become a driver, so I used to sit in front of the cycle wheel and rotate it imagining as though I’m driving a bus.  

Later when I entered my teen age, I got a cycle which was used by my brothers. Even though it was not new, I always felt proud about it.

When I was studying diploma course, I used to go to tuition classes which was nearly 10 Km away from my home. I usually go in the early morning and most of the people will be riding cycles. 

There were times when I’ve seen young girls riding cycle and purposefully I used to ring the cycle bell so hard which will make them look at me. Then immediately I would ride fast and overtake them. Being so young I thought these kinds of thing would give a superman image about me in the heart of girls. I really thought that I was a superman because of my cycle. 

But my pride will go off when someone in the motorbike overtakes me and vanishes so quickly from my sight. Then I thought if we get a bike it will be so good. I never prayed for it but usually think in my heart that it will be good if the God gives one.

God heard the prayers of our family members and he gave us a Bajaj M-80 scooter. It was not a costly scooter but generally owned by those who have a small scale groceries store. Once we bought it my parents gave off the cycles to someone else. On that particular day I felt so bad, but soon that sorrow went away as we had our own bike.

When I joined a government college to study UG engineering degree, I found that many rich people were studying along with me in my class. Few people would come to college in cars during special occasions and many students had costly bikes. But during those special occasions I used to ride my father’s scooter to college. There were some people who looked at me in a funny way but I never ever felt sad about it.

I have seen my father riding cycle in the hot sun, sweating to earn money for us. And then when I saw my father going in a scooter, I really felt happy and thanked God for it. 

We were thankful and prayed to God to bless us in the right time. By the time I finished my PG degree, my brothers already had their own bike. God started to bless us in His time. Soon after I finished my PG degree I got a job and then God gave me also a bike which I still have with me.

Whenever I saw that bike I thanked God for the blessing which He gave me. There were times when I felt I was so unworthy for His blessings. So I thanked Him for giving me a bike. Years passed and the previous year I got married. 

Before marriage I always had a desire to take my mom and dad at least once in my own car before they die. 

God saw my desire and soon after one month of my marriage He enabled me to buy a car which was used by one of our relative. Though I was not the first owner of that car, I felt happy because I strongly know that Jesus Christ gave me the car. 

Jesus Christ Himself gave me that car and through His golden hands of Grace He is protecting us till this day. Now as I ride that car to my workplace or somewhere else I feel very humbled and not proud as I felt once when I had my cycle. 

God took me through some paths in which He taught me so many things. If Jesus Christ would have given me a car when I was so young, surely by this time my heart would have been filled with pride. But now, every day when I see the car which God has given me, I feel very humble for I know that only through His grace I was blessed. I feel so happy that I am the first in my family to take my dad and mom along with me in my car. My grandma and they were so happy about it. 

Do you know what was the reason for this journey filled with God’s blessings? Am I so humble, so grateful, so holy, so prayerful and so faithful that God has blessed me? No! Not at all! Today my life is filled with God’s blessing only because Jesus Christ is so gracious. His Golden Hands of Grace has led me thus far and will lead me in the coming days also. I thank God for His grace that He is pouring out upon my life.

My dear young friends, today you might lack some blessing in your life, but don’t lose heart. God knows what you need and when to satisfy that need. Just stay on God’s hands. He will give you His blessing in His time. Surely you will receive God’s blessing, but you have to wait for His time. If God can bless an unworthy guy like me to this extent, He will surely bless you also.

Your life will not end in poverty. The poor economic situation that you are facing will never overpower you. Today you might be a little one but when God’s time comes, you will become a thousand. 

That is what He promised us in Isaiah 60:22, “A little one shall become a thousand and a small one a strong nation. I, the Lord, will hasten it in its time.”

Jesus Christ will surely fulfil His promise in your life. He will surely bless you and raise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment