QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, August 29, 2013

JESUS CHRIST IS YOUR PROTECTION IN THIS INSECURE WORLD



“Like birds hovering overhead, the Lord Almighty will shield Jerusalem; He will shield it and deliver it, He will ‘pass over’ it and will rescue it.” – Isaiah 31:5

Few days back I stood at a lonely bus stop with my wife around 9 pm. We have planned to board a bus at 10:30 pm for an overnight travel to a particular city to attend my friend’s wedding. Our home was nearly 16km away from the main bus stand and so we waited at the bus stop for the local bus.

It was dark everywhere and there was no light in the bus stop. There came a guy with reddish eyes and he asked me about the number of a bus to reach a particular place. I answered him but he never moved. He stood very close to me and that made my wife to fear. She was holding a bag with one hand and with other hand she was holding my shirt tightly. She was holding onto me as if a child holds on to his/her father at the fearful moment.

Soon some guys who were drunken also came to that stop. Seeing those guys my wife stood very close to me, because my presence was her only comfort. Actually she believed that I will protect her but inside my heart I thought what will I do if someone attack us. I had no answer for that question and I stood there helpless. I understood that I can’t protect myself or my wife at any situation. By God’s grace we traveled safely that night. 

Few months back a girl was sexually assaulted by a group of people in the capital city of India when she was returning home with her boy friend after watching a movie. On that night she might have thought that her boy friend was her protection. But her belief failed and she died.

Few days back a girl who was a photo journalist went to a lonely place in Mumbai to take photograph of a building. She went there at 6 pm with a guy. She might have also thought that he will be her protection in that lonely place. But few other guys attacked them and they sexually assaulted that girl.

We know that the world we live is become insecure. When I stood at the bus stop alone with my wife with drunken people around me, I had a question in my mind: Who will protect us in this insecure situation?

Holy Spirit spoke me to and said, “Jesus Christ alone can protect you from all evil.” Though there were several drunkards around us I felt God’s presence comforting and guiding us at that moment. He is the one who protected us on that night.

My dear young friends, you might feel insecure in the place you study or in your work place or in your family life. You might fear that someone will do harm to you and take away all the blessings of your life. Do not fear. 

Bible says in Psalms 121:3-4, “He will not let your foot slip. He who watches over you will not slumber...He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.”

Jesus Christ is watching over you. He will neither slumber nor sleep. He will shield you, deliver you and rescue you. 

You might be a young guy or a young girl. Whoever you might be you need protection of God. No other person except Jesus Christ can save and protect you. Daily morning surrender yourself, your family members, and your belongings into the mighty hands of God and ask for His protection. God's hands is the only secure place in this insecure world. So just cling onto God’s hands. He will save you.

Jesus Christ will be your shield and He will protect you. No evil can harm you or overpower you.

No comments:

Post a Comment