QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, August 17, 2013

LORD'S FAVOR UPON MY LIFE (CELEBRATING FIRST YEAR MARRIAGE ANNIVERSARY)



“He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favour from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22

One year before exactly this day I got married. Mine was an arranged marriage which was actually arranged and approved by God. Then our parents took care of all the ceremonies. Today when I look back at the past one year I feel so grateful to Jesus Christ for He led us thus far safely. 

When I got married, the marriage life of many people whom I knew closely was moving towards divorce. They said that they had no peace at all in their marriage life. Hearing their life stories, my thoughts and my mind were filled with great fear. But when I prayed and surrendered my marriage life into God’s hands, He gave me peace and protected us. 

Today we are celebrating our first anniversary together not because that I and my wife were good but because God is good in our life. I do not hold the hands of my wife and lead our family life but through His Golden Hands of Grace, Jesus Christ took hold of us and He led us thus far. That is the only reason we are celebrating our first year anniversary today with great peace and joy.

From the age of 17, I used to tell God about the expectations that I had regarding my wife. I thought my wife should possess a loving character and exactly God gave me a wife who has a compassionate and kind heart. 

She never stood as a disturbance for my worldly life as well as my Spiritual life. She wakes up early at 4:30 in the morning and she prays for me when I will be sleeping. Her prayer was a great support in my life. She helps me a lot to find Biblical verses when I prepare to give message somewhere because she memorize many Bible verses which I never did. 

When I usually go to my work place I used to find that many married couples who stay close to my work place will mostly eat their morning breakfast in canteen and at times they used to eat lunch also outside together. But I thank God for my wife who get up early and after prayer she will immediately go to the kitchen and she will prepare everything for me. 

In this one year, not even a day I ate outside because of the reason that she failed to cook. She is an excellent cook and many people who work with me like her cooking. 

I won’t say that we never had any misunderstanding. We are human and we also had some misunderstanding at the beginning. It took few months for my wife to understand me fully and at times we behaved so childishly in certain matters. 

Every time we had a problem and went to God in prayer, He used to point out our mistakes and He will teach us the way we should behave and talk. When we surrender ourselves to follow what God says regarding our marriage life we found peace and His divine joy residing on our hearts. 

I had a different kind of character. I used to stay alone and I won’t mingle with someone so easily. I love being alone and expect that certain things should be done only in certain ways. So many girls who have gone through my life as sisters and friends used to tell me that it is hard to live with me and adapt to my character. 

So when I got a wife who is so different compared to me, I feared. But God stood between us and He made us to accept each other as we are. To be frank I feared many things but God has never allowed those things to affect my life.

I thank God whole heartedly for protecting my family life and carrying us safely in His arms. Also I strongly believe that He will lead us till we die. 

Even today you might fear about certain things. As you see the circumstance and troubles that had surrounded you, you might say that your life will perish soon. Today Holy Spirit is telling you that whatever you fear will not happen in your life for you are protected under the wings of Almighty God. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Stay in faith. You will receive God’s miracle. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment