QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, August 5, 2013

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 2 (GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT IS THE PLEASURE AND TREASURE OF MY LIFE)


“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” – Acts 1:8

Few years ago when I stood far away from God and was struggling hard to comeback, I looked for someone who can help me to reach God’s presence. There were some people who were close to me before that. Everyone ran away from me. I looked to some people who were holy and thought that they will counsel me. But no one had any desire to talk to me. 

As I was stumbling I stood alone with no one around me to help me. Everything I did to get back to God failed. I tried my best but my entire attempt was in vain. My life was filled with sorrow and tears. I hated myself. People around hated me. Then I thought that for sure God will also hate me.

But then one day I heard Someone speaking to me in a still voice saying, “Jesus Christ will never cast you away.” He is none other than Holy Spirit. His voice brought me comfort, joy, rest and peace. At that time when He spoke to me I was not at all close to God. Even after He spoke also I was in the same condition. But yet His words comforted me greatly.

Even then I do not understand what I should do. I had a word from Holy Spirit but yet I don’t know what to do. Then Holy Spirit spoke to me saying, “God wants you to write all that He had taught you and did to you as a book.”

How someone who was so far away from God could write a book for God? I do not understand the logic at all. I really felt helpless. Holy Spirit continued speaking to me and asked me to pray to God for His grace. He led me in prayer and from there onwards step by step Holy Spirit helped me to walk closer to God. Even in that way I stumbled a lot but Holy Spirit was so patient and He led me with so much of love.

Soon after some days Holy Spirit enabled me to write three books for the glory of God. The books were not yet published but I am richly blessed as a result of spending days in the presence of the God in order to write those books. On those days through Holy Spirit God spoke to me about His unfailing love that He has upon me. I was comforted and blessed. Even when I stood far away from God; even when other sons and daughters of God stood away from me; even when everyone around me had so much of hatredness towards me, Holy Spirit stood with me and He loved me so much.

As I started getting closer to God, my parents decided to get me married. I was not at all ready to get married as I was struggling hard in my life both mentally, Spiritually and physically.

One day my mom called me and said that a family had called her with a marriage proposal. The parents of that girl were well studied and that girl also was studying M.D at that time. My mom told me that the girl studied her Bachelor in medicine in a government college and also doing M.D also in a government college. She was a Gold medallist. As I saw her photo and I found God’s presence in her face.

But yet I could not accept that proposal because of the state I was in. With great burden in my heart I knelt down to pray on a particular day evening. As I knelt down with a broken heart Holy Spirit filled me with His loving presence and He led me in prayer. It was a simple prayer, over in just five minutes but I can tell you that I didn’t pray that prayer by myself. Holy Spirit prayed for me and God answered that prayer. God clearly said 'No' to that proposal and I was happy at that time because of God's reply.

There were times I was on the ground because of my failures. Holy Spirit lifted me up and raised me. I can tell you many more blessed things that Holy Spirit had done in my life but pages won’t be enough to write what He has done. Surely Holy Spirit is one of the perfect gift given by God to me. 

I heard many servants of God telling that Holy Spirit is their best friend and some say that He is their soul mate and so on. I also wanted to say like that but I can’t say like that because I was never true to Him in my life. I tried to live a life that was pleasing to Him but most of the times I grieved God’s Holy Spirit with my behaviour and character.

So then how can I call Him by the way He did things in my life? Holy Spirit is my comforter who had comforted me at all times.

Jesus Christ says in John 14:26, “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” (KJV)

Truly, Holy Spirit is my Comforter, Helper and Intercessor. Though I can never call Him as my friend owing to the ways in which I grieved His heart, I can call Him as my Comforter because He stood with me and encouraged me at toughest times of my life.

He is God’s perfect gift in my life and I treasure Him. Holy Spirit is the pleasure and treasure of my life. I thank God from the depths of my heart for His Holy Spirit.

May God pour out the anointing of Holy Spirit in your life and bless you abundantly. God bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment