QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DO NOT FEAR BECAUSE OF SUPERSTITIOUS BELIEFS



“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7

When I started to grew up from childhood to adulthood, I was told by the elders that it is unlucky if a black cat crosses my path and if it happens I have to return back to home immediately for it is a sign of danger.

Not only that but I also heard so many superstitious beliefs that really threatened me. Some of the superstitious beliefs are as follows: The cawing of a crow indicates the arrival of guests. Hiccups mean someone is thinking about you. Getting married without looking at the horoscope will result in divorce or fight. Nails should not be cut at night for there is a greater possibility of the attack of evil spirit if we do so. It is highly inauspicious to cut hair on a Tuesday. The list goes on.

These beliefs brought fear in my mind. Whenever I thought of these beliefs I lost my peace. Once when I was doing some work in my home, a lizard fell on my head. There was a superstitious belief that if a lizard falls on our head it is a sign of death coming our way. For the next one week I was tormented because of the fear of death. After some days my mom told me that I was protected under the blood of God and so no evil can touch me. Even after hearing that I feared but after some days God taught me that superstitious belief are lies in which we should not put our trust.

When I joined a college to study PG course I met a guy who never walks under a ladder and the gap of a pillar because he believed that if an eldest guy in a family does that, it will lead to death.
When we as a family started to follow Christ the first thing my mom did is she took our entire horoscope files and she had thrown that to fire. Many relatives told her that without horoscope she can’t find a good wife to any of her sons. But she had put her trust in Christ and did that. Now if you look at our lives, I and my two elder brothers were living a happy married life. We had found our wives not based on any horoscope but by God’s word and because of that we are living a life blessed by God.

My dear young friends, you might be following the superstitious belief and horoscope. Because of several beliefs your heart might be filled with fear and sorrow. You might have lost your peace and joy because of the words of an astrologer.

Today God wants you to know that He has not given a spirit of fear but of power, love and sound mind. Jesus Christ is telling you today, “You are my child. My words alone will come to pass in your life and not the words o an astrologer. I have plans to give you peace and joy. So do not fear. I will forgive you and bless you.”

Ask God’s forgiveness if you had gone to find the words of an astrologer. Jesus Christ is ready to forgive you and give you a new life. Trust in God and follow His words. You will live in peace and joy. God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment