QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, September 21, 2013

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 2a (SPEND TIME WITH YOUR LOVED ONES)



“To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven.” – Ecclesiastes 3:1

There lived a judge in a country who was so famous for his knowledge and judgement. He had a great knowledge in the law and he had written so many books on law which was the main reference for so many people who were practising law. On a particular day his son was caught for a crime and brought to the court. The judge asked him about his family members and as soon as he heard that the young guy’s father was the famous judge he asked him, “Your father was a famous judge who wrote so many books on law. Being his son how you got into this crime.” To that the young guy replied, “Whenever I face a trouble or temptation I used to run to my father for help. But every time I go to him he used to tell that he is doing some work and he will meet me later at some other time. But that time never came and since he didn’t spend some time with me I became like this.”

In our day to day relationship with God or with our loved ones we need to spend some time with them and only then our relationship will grow better. Many people are heading to divorce because they could not spend time to sit and sort out the problem between them. 

If you are a husband or wife you have to spend some time with your spouse. If you are a parent you have to spend some time with your children. If you are a child you have to spend some time with your aged parents. If you want to strengthen the relationship with the person whom you love, you have to spend time with them. 

When I got married I used to spend lot of time sitting in front of the laptop and doing some spiritual work. From my workplace I return to home at late evening and immediately I used to sit in front of the laptop. At that time my wife used to come and sit near to me to tell me all the things that happened in her workplace or in the life of someone she knew. Actually she wanted to share some of her heart’s feeling to me. But I was so ignorant at that time and I failed to spend time with her. I will listen to her words and reply her in a hurry. I will not look into her face at all. I will speak to her by looking into the laptop. 

I did this for some days thinking that my wife will understand my busy schedule. But I felt that I was doing something wrong only when I realized that my wife was not at all happy about certain issues. Then when I spoke to her she told me with tears that I am not spending time with her. On that day I understood that I have to spend some time with my wife. 

To spend some time with her in the evening I shifted my work to late night. There were certain days she used to ask me to come to bed early so that she can speak to me. One day she did like that and somehow I made her to sleep and I started to do my work. On that night Jesus Christ spoke to me saying that I was doing wrong and I have to spend some time with my wife when she asks for it.  On that night I realized the importance of spending time with my wife to strengthen the marriage relationship. 

I won’t say that I have obeyed God’s word hundred percent but I am trying my best to spend time with my wife and everyone around me. 

When we read Bible we can understand that Jesus spent some quality time alone in praying to His Heavenly Father and also some time alone with his disciples. We also have to balance our time in an exact way so that we can spend time at the feet of God and also with our loved ones.

Do not ignore your loved ones and do not break their heart. God has given you children to raise them for His glory. Spend some time with them and teach them about Christ. God has given you a life partner to support you and protect you. Spend your time to strengthen your marriage life. Show your love to your life partner by spending some time with him/her. 

If you are unmarried spend time with your parents and talk to them. Make them feel good. They need you. Do not ever think that your parents will be happy even if you don’t talk to them. God has given you as a gift to them. They might not have loved you as you expected them to love but yet you have to show your love by spending time with them.

The world that we are living is changing every day. Many people around us were dying because of disease, accidents and so on. Before we leave the world or our loved ones leave the world let us spend our time happily with each other and make each day a joy filled memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment