QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, September 2, 2013

IF YOU WOULD BELIEVE YOU WOULD SEE THE GLORY OF GOD



“...If you would believe you would see the glory of God.” – John 11:40

In Luke 8:41-56, we read about a person named Jairus. He was a ruler of the synagogue. As his only daughter was dying he came to Jesus and fell down at His feet and begged Him to come to his house. 

Jesus accepted his request and went with him. He came with a belief that Jesus Christ can heal her daughter who was just 12 years old and was dying. As he was going along with Jesus, someone from his house came to him and told that his daughter died. Also they told him not to trouble Jesus anymore. 

How Jairus might have felt at that moment? He came to Jesus Christ with a great belief in his heart that He will heal his daughter. But situations became worse and his only daughter died.

As he heard the news of his daughter death he hears the words of two people who were with him. One belongs to his servant. The servant of his own house thought that Jesus Christ can’t turn the situation around and so he told not to trouble Jesus. Another voice belongs to Jesus Christ who told Jairus to stay on his faith and belief. 

Jairus was confronted with two different choices. Either he can stay in his belief or he can leave his belief that he had upon Jesus Christ. How Jairus reacted in that situation? He had chosen to stay in his belief and with Jesus Christ. Because of his faith upon Jesus Christ, his daughter was healed and death could not hold her as Jesus Christ commanded her to arise from death and she indeed arose. 

Even today you might be in a state of despair and dejection. You might be facing several choices in your life. But if you choose to stay in your belief that you have upon Jesus Christ your sorrow will be turned to joy.

In the previous year, once my marriage was fixed I begun to speak with my fiancée through phone. We had nearly a month gap between our engagement and wedding. I know that I am getting married according to God’s will but after some days of our engagement, situations got changed and my fiancée begun to feel sad for certain things. I still remember a day when she cried badly and I really don’t know what to do. I thought my marriage will not happen.

God has already promised me that my marriage life will be filled with peace and joy. On the other side my fiancée told me with tears that she is not ready for marriage life. I could not face that situation and I thought that my marriage won’t happen. One particular evening I went to a prayer centre and cried a lot to God. I was crying very badly for I don’t know what to do.

As I was crying Jesus Christ spoke to me and He asked me one simple question, “Whose words do you believe?” Then I realised that I was crying because I had started to believe the words of my fiancée rather than the words of God.

On that evening Holy Spirit helped me to say to God that I will believe in His words alone whatever might be the situation. Then God’s divine peace and joy filled my heart. After that day I never had any sorrow in my heart regarding my marriage. I had put my belief upon Jesus Christ and He poured out His presence on the day of my marriage and His presence is leading us even after one year. Now I live a joyful and peace filled family life. God's glory is leading us and protecting us.

My dear young friends, whatever be your life’s situation, put your faith and belief upon Jesus Christ. He is an all powerful God. He will change your life situation. He will calm all that roars against you and trouble you. Your sorrows will turn to joy. 

You might be expecting a child or a job or a blessing in your studies or a promotion or a healing. Whatever might be your expectations, it will be fulfilled by the gracious hands of Jesus Christ. Just put your trust on God. You will see Him doing miracle in your life in the coming day. Your life will be filled with God’s peace and joy. You shall not perish. You will live. God bless you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment