QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, September 16, 2013

GHG - 14 (OBEY GOD AND DO GOOD)



“Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.” – James 4:17

Once I completed my PG degree, God gave me a job in a Christian university. There was a prayer centre near to that university and most of the students will go there and pray. As I studied in the same university I also used to go that prayer centre and pray for my needs. While I was studying I went into lot of depression and struggles. So most of the times I will be in that prayer centre crying and praying. That prayer centre becomes an integral part of my life.

Even after I joined as a staff, I regularly visit the prayer centre. God blessed me with a starting salary of Rs.17,000 and I was so happy about it. After giving tithe to God I used to send the remaining money to my parents who lived with my brothers in another city. Mostly I will have a little amount of money for my needs.

On a particular day I had Rs.140 on my purse. I woke up in the morning and I found that there was not much balance in my mobile phone and so I thought I will recharge for Rs.100 and as I live in the hostel I thought I will manage few days with the remaining 40 rupees.

Having decided like that I went to the prayer centre to pray. As I entered the prayer centre I saw some people sitting on the chair and praying. I was crossing those people to enter into a room where I can pray without much disturbance. But as soon as I crossed a very old lady who was sitting on the chair, God spoke to me saying, “Take that hundred rupee and give it to the old lady sitting there.”

I know it was God’s voice but I don’t want to believe that it was His voice because I had planned to use that money for my own need. So I knelt down there and instead of obeying I started advising God. I told Him that I need that hundred rupees for a urgent cause and so I can give forty rupees to her.

I didn’t stop with that. I told God that I don’t know whether He was the one who spoke and so if I have to give her the forty rupees she has to immediately get up and go out of the prayer centre.
I know for sure it was God who asked me to give hundred rupees but actually I don’t want to give that to her. I was reluctant to obey God’s voice. I was watching her and she didn’t moved. I was happy about it and I told God that it was my thought to give some money to her and not His voice. I was about to conclude my prayer asking God to leave this matter because she didn’t moved out. 

Then I heard God’s stern voice with so much authority saying, “I will not ask My daughter to go out of this prayer centre for the money you wish to give, for in My presence she is experiencing comfort and joy.”

Hearing that voice I was trembled and I immediately realized my mistake. Again I prayed asking God’s forgiveness and I told God that I will obey His voice and will give hundred rupees to her.
After some time I saw her going out of the prayer centre and so I rushed to her and gave her the money telling her that God wanted me to give the money to her. As soon as she got the money, she looked unto the sky and with great joy she told, “Thank You Jesus.”

Also she placed her hand upon me and asked God to bless me from the bottom of her heart. When I saw her joy and happiness I felt so bad for my thoughts that I had before giving the money to her. On the other side I was happy for realizing the joy in giving.

My dear young friends, when Jesus Christ asks you to help someone do not hesitate. Always obey His voice. When you obey His voice you will be blessed and also others will be blessed through you. God wants to use you for His glory.

That day God used me to help her and she glorified God. Similarly He wants to use you for His glory. Tell God today that you will obey Him in every situation and surely He will use you.

Even though God has taught me so many things there were times I disobey God because of my weakness. Recently in one situation I disobeyed God and I felt bad about that for a year. What was that situation?

-         To Be Continued In GHG - 15






No comments:

Post a Comment