QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN AMONG YOU, LET HIM THROW A STONE

“…He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” – John 8:7

One day the scribes and pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery to Jesus Christ to know His judgement. According to the Law of Moses they want to stone her to death. At that time Jesus Christ said that the one who is without sin can throw a stone at her first. Those who heard His word were convicted by their conscience and they left. And Jesus was left alone with that woman standing in the midst.

Everyone felt that they were sinners and left but Jesus Christ who is a Holy one stood there. He has the right to judge her and stone her but He said, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” What a comforting words! Even though He had the right to condemn her, Jesus Christ never condemned her.

But what are we doing today? We hear someone telling something wrong about others. We do believe that without any evidence and we spread the news to those whom we know. There were times we get to know someone’s mistakes directly. Instead of keeping that within our hearts we threw stone at them hastily. How much their heart will get hurt? Before throwing the stone have you ever thought about your own life? Or have you ever thought about the other ones feelings?

Many years back I know a young girl who was studying in a college. I used to call her at times for some reasons. At that time I was so young and don’t have enough Spiritual maturity. On one particular week I called her several times and at those times she will be on another call talking to someone. Once she calls me back she used to tell me that she was talking to a particular boy of her class. I could not understand their relationship but they were actually good friends. I don’t know much about their relationship but yet I decided to throw a stone at her one day.

Even though I myself was a sinner, I called her on a particular day and told her that she was doing wrong things with mobile. Also I told her that I felt something bad about her behavior and so on. I kept my phone and never thought about it again. But on the very next day she came and met me with tears and said, “At times even spiritual people behave like an ordinary human. You did hurt me yesterday by your words and I learnt not to trust anyone in this world.”

I felt so bad that the stone which I threw had hurt her. I asked her forgiveness. Later she had gone out of the college without being in any wrong relationship.

That incident thought me a lesson that I should not throw stone at anybody at any time. After that I never tried to judge other people mistakes.

My dear young friends do not throw stone at anyone. Do not speak hastily to others in anger. If you have to throw a stone you should not have any sin within your life and once you have no sin in your life you will never a thought to throw a stone upon others.

If you find someone doing mistakes pray for them. If someone does any wrong thing against you leave them to God so that He will judge them. Being God’s children don’t ever hurt anyone by your words or deeds. Do not throw stone at anyone. God bless you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment