QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

LOOK TO THE LORD AND HE WILL HEAR YOU



“…I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.” – Micah 7:7

On 25th April 2010, I prayed to God that I should not take medicines for a while since the years 2009 and 2010 were so bad that I took so many medicines on those years. So on that particular Sunday evening I cried to God for His help.

God heard my prayer and He answered my tears. From that day I didn’t have any weakness. Years passed by without any health problem.

Recently on 29th September 2013 afternoon I got fever all in a sudden. I could not bear that and so nearly after 3 years I had visited a hospial. My temperature was 102°F and I could not stand. Doctor gave me an injection and asked me to eat tablets regularly.

On that night my family people asked me to take tablets but I didn’t took it. The very next day my temperature went to 104°F and again doctor insisted me to eat tablets. This time I could not avoid it and so I ate tablet.

Exactly after 41 months I took a tablet and nearly one week I took rest. Even today as I write this I was not completely alright.

As I was lying on my bed for one week my mind was thinking about God’s goodness. I never had any faith when I stopped taking medicines. It was God’s grace that protected me from all kinds of health problem. In those 41 months I never got any serious health problem. One question that came to my mind was: “Have I ever thanked God for my good health on those 41 months?” The answer is no. But yet Jesus Christ was gracious enough to protect me on those days.

When doctors diagnosed me that I have high temperature they told me that I will have fever for a week. But on the third day I cried to God and said I could not bear the pain at all. On the same day night I told God that I won’t take tablets anymore.

The condition was different. I know I was not worthy enough to ask God for something. I never thanked God for the good health in the past days but yet when I got a problem I cried to Him. You know our God is a gracious God. He never looked at my past but He looked at my present situation and He helped me. 

On the fourth day morning I had a normal temperature by the grace of God. Now I was little bit tired and I have no fever at all.

My dear young friends, you might not have thanked God for His blessings so far. Learn to thank God for the family He had given you, for the good health, for the job He had given, for the studies and for everything.

Today you might be struggling because of your weakness or health problem. Do not hesitate to look to Jesus Christ. You might have sinned against Him and you might have guilt in your heart. Do not get discouraged. 

Jesus Christ is gracious enough to forgive you. When you look to Him, He will hear you and will strengthen you and bless you. Look to God and receive His healing. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment