QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, November 18, 2013

GHG - 15 (DO NOT DISOBEY GOD'S VOICE AT ANY MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE)


“For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us..." - Titus 3:3-5

There is a prayer centre near to my work place and many people visit there for prayers and healing. I preach once or twice in a month in that prayer centre. Mostly I preach in the evening prayer. There was a young musician who works in the prayer centre and he will be the one who play keyboard in all the services.

He used to speak so nice to us and so within few months we were very close to each other. At that time he was married and had a girl baby. I was not a great preacher but at times God speaks through me to others when I pray. Regularly some people will come to me for prayer but this musician will never come to me like that.

Rarely did he ask me to pray for him and even those times he never tells me what to pray for. Mostly when he needs to know God’s assurance in certain things he comes to me for prayer.

I always hesitate to pray for the people whom I know very closely. Because I afraid that instead of speaking God’s word as prophecy I should not speak my own word since I know about the problems of their life. As I told you earlier I am not a great preacher or a prophet. God uses me through His grace alone.

One day evening this musician came to me for prayer. I was so surprised and was hesitating at first but later I felt that he was in a great need to know God’s word. So I prayed for him. As I started praying for him, God spoke to me and asked me to tell him that he will get a second child soon and since that child was given to him by God everything related to that child will be taken care by God. Also God asked me tell him not to worry about anything regarding that child.

I could not believe that at all because I know his family. He and his wife were earning small amount of money and so I know that raising a second child will be hard for them. I was praying and I was thinking all this at the same time. Suddenly I thought that what if they did family planning operation. As doubt overpowered my thought I disobeyed God and I finished praying without telling God’s word to him.

After prayer he took me alone and told me that his wife was pregnant and it was confirmed on that day. Also he told me that he is telling this news first to me and no one else knows. I understood that he came to me for prayer to know God’s word regarding that child. When I heard what he said I felt so bad about myself. If only I obeyed God and told what He asked me to tell to his son, he would have got so much joy and peace in his heart.

I know the way they longed for God’s word for the next few months regarding that child. Whenever I saw them with a sad face I felt so guilty about my disobedience. God gave them a girl child again and then they resigned their job and went to their native place.

I asked God to forgive me and got peace in my heart but even today when I think about that incident I feel so sad.

My dear young friends, whenever God says to you something regarding your studies, job, relations or ministry obey His word immediately. Do not use your human mind to understand His word. Whatever Jesus Christ tells you regarding your life will come to pass in your life and whatever He tells you regarding other people life for good will certainly come to pass in their life. Our God is a faithful God and so do not disobey His voice.

There were certain times I obeyed His counsel and got immensely blessed. Once I felt certain people laid a trap in front of me and I looked to God for His counsel. He provided me His counsel and I got escaped. What was that all about?

                                                                                                 ... to be continued in GHG 16

No comments:

Post a Comment