QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, November 28, 2013

RELATION AND RELATIONSHIPS - 3 (LOOK OUT FOR THE INTERESTS OF OTHERS)

“Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.” – Philippians 2:4

As our days are moving so fast we tend to be more selfish than ever before. Most of us we feel that we have no time to talk to anyone. We wake up, go to our workplace or schools and then we return back home, do some works and then we go to sleep. Only Sunday we get some time and that mostly we spend in rest. Most of our lives were like this. We have no other choice but to run fast in this competitive world. As we are running fast, we forget our relationship with God; we forget our relationship with our loved ones and others.

At some moments I used to think where I am going and what I am doing. But I could not find an answer for my questions. There were some people whom I know they never bothered about their own loved ones.

They do several things to make their career successful but in the mean time they never give any importance to the interest of their family members.

Bible tells us that we have to look out for the interests of others also. If you are looking to have a better relationship with your loved ones, you have to look into the interests of them.

One of my favourite relationships that I have seen in Bible is the friendship of Jonathan and David. Saul was the first king of Israel and Jonathan was his son. According to worldly principles the son of king will be next king. But Saul did things that were not pleasing in the sight of the Lord and so God had chosen David as the next king.

Even though Jonathan knew that he would not be the next king, he looked into the interest of David and stood with him. Saul was so clear in his mind to kill David but it was Jonathan who risked his life to protect David.

If Jonathan had put his own interest ahead of David’s he should have killed David but yet he had put David’s interest ahead of him and helped him.

That is one of the reasons that their relationship grew stronger. Bible says in 1 Samuel 18:1, “…Jonathan loved him (David) as his own soul.”

Jonathan loved David and so he put his interest ahead of him. They were not together for a longer period but yet the love that they carried in their hearts was so greater. That is the reason why David was so distressed when he heard about the death of Jonathan. He said that the love of Jonathan was wonderful surpassing the love of women.

When I was studying in Diploma God gave me a friend who was so caring and loving. Due to some reasons he could not join engineering degree along with me but after one year he joined the college where I was studying. Once I failed in a paper continuously for two times and so it happened that I have to write that paper again along with my friend. For him it was a current paper and for me it was an arrears paper.

He knows the struggle that I went through in that one year to clear that paper. So he supported me a lot and finally when the results came I got pass but he got failed. Though he failed in that paper he was filled with so much of joy because I got pass in that paper. He always encouraged me to get placement in a company while studying in the college but God’s will for my life is that I have to do PG course.

So I failed in all of the interviews but there was one interview in which only few of my classmates had participated. So my friend thought that surely I will get placed in that company. The results came out at night and I went to his hostel to tell him the result. He heard my voice and came running with so much of joy thinking that I got placed but actually I didn't get job in that company. He felt so bad about it and went quietly. I never cried much for failing in the placement interviews but he cried so much when I failed. That was his love upon me.

Even today he feels happy whenever I get a blessing and never he had any jealous upon me. Our relationship was filled with love and happiness because he had put so much of interest in my happiness, and blessings than his own happiness.


My dear young friends, if you wish to have a peaceful relationship with your near and dear ones look out not only for your interest but also their interest. If you are married find out the interest of your partner and encourage and support them. Do not be selfish minded in everything. Always make your dear ones happy by doing what they needed. They need you so much and so be with them at all times and support them. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment