QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Sunday, November 10, 2013

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 4 (MERCY - MY DEAREST WIFE)



“Houses and riches are in inheritance from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.” – Proverbs 19:14

I always believe that if one gets a good wife or husband definitely he or she got a gift from the Lord. Particularly finding a good caring wife is really God’s favor and gift. From my teen age I had a great desire in my heart about my wife. I told God several characteristics and I hoped that God will give me a good girl as wife. 

Later as I grown to adulthood I faced some failures and so I thought my wife should be a comfort to me at all times. I had that desire in my heart but never ever I prayed about it. When God told me that I have to marry according to His will I surrendered everything into His hands and I was no more anxious about the character of my wife. 

Even on the day of my marriage I was not anxious at all for I know I marry according to God’s will and so He will definitely do the best. Indeed God did a best thing in my life. There were so many best blessings Jesus Christ gave me in my life and one such blessing is my wife. 

She was so innocent and she believes everyone’s word. Though that is also her weakness but yet I love her innocence. The best thing I like in her is the way she tells everything to me. There were times I will tell her not to do certain things regarding her safety and all. But she will do it in certain circumstances and when she does that I will be in office. But yet when I return back she used to tell me openly that she had done it. For instance I told her one day clearly that she should not eat ice cream because whenever she eats one she will get cold or fever. One day she went for her relative’s engagement and she ate one. I didn’t go for that function but when she returned back that evening she told me that she ate one. Such was her innocence and honesty. I love that character a lot.

I always expected my wife to love God more than she loves me.  My wife fulfills my expectation in every possible way. If she gets any kind of misunderstanding with me the very first one she tells about it is God. There were times I won’t give her the care or love she expects but even on those times she cries to God alone. She tells everything to God openly and I know God answers her prayer because many a times God spoke to me through Holy Spirit saying I should correct myself in certain areas. Those were the answers to her prayers. 

Also she never reveals much of our family matters to anyone including her mother, father or sister. That’s the way my mother raised us from our childhood. We do certain mistakes but she never tells that to anyone. I was not a perfect husband and I know being with me as a wife requires lots of patience and understanding. I have my own weakness and at certain times I do mistakes but my wife never told anything about that to her relations or others. 

The way she cares for me and supports me in everything is really awesome. She does everything for me putting aside her own desires and weakness. Though she has her own weakness she strives hard to be a better wife and she succeeds in that. 

I won’t say that my wife is the best wife in the entire world but she is one of the best blessings given by Jesus Christ to me. As she celebrates her birthday this week I wish and pray that God fulfills all of her heart’s desires. 

My dear young friends, though I liked so many girls who came across my life at one point I submitted all my desires to God and waited for His approval. Now I can boldly say that I married according to God’s will. My wife was given to me by God and so I am living a happy blessed life.
If you wait at God’s feet to show your life partner to you, He will definitely lead you. Once you get married according to God’s will He will stay in your marriage life and will protect that relationship. Only if He protects you and your relationship, you can live happily. 

If you have to get a prudent or good wife you can only get it from the gracious hands of Jesus Christ. I am telling you this because I got one from His hands. Stay blessed in the hands of God. May God give you the desires of your heart. God bless you.



No comments:

Post a Comment