QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

VILLAGE BOY TOUCHED BY CHRIST TURNS CORPORATE COMPANY LEADER - TESTIMONY OF BRO. S. P. SINGH

(NOTE: THIS IS THE TESTIMONY OF BRO. S. P. SINGH IN HIS OWN WORDS. TAKEN FROM A MONTHLY MAGAZINE PUBLISHED IN THE YEAR 2011)
Bro. S. P. Singh
                                                                 
Up at 5 AM, listening to the radio…

I was born in a very backward village in Rae Bareli district of Uttar Pradesh in a farmer family. I was the only son. My father was educated up to class 8 and mother was illiterate. When I studied up to class 5, my father asked me to stop studies and help him in
farming. But there was a inside of me inspiring me to study further. So, I resisted my parents on this issue. I had the habit of rising up early in the morning. One day, when I was tuning my radio at 5 AM looking for something interesting, I heard a preacher by the name of Brother Anand (perhaps working with the Vishwawani).

He was saying something which I could not comprehend 100%. I understood one thing – God will never leave you even if your parents leave you. This sentence encouraged me and on my own I went to school and registered my name in class 6. At that time, I did not know anything about the Bible and the Lord Jesus Christ. I continued to listen to Brother Anand’s preaching daily via the radio.

This preacher used to mention on the radio that if one needed more information about Jesus and the Bible to write-in for literature. I wrote and received pamphlets and books on the Bible. I started reading these and my life started changing and academically I excelled. I always got first rank from class 6 to 10 in that school. This academic excellence enabled me to get merit scholarship by which I managed my study expenses. During these days, I could not even have lunch in that school due to lack of money.

God rewarded my hard work!

Without any coaching help and by just relying on God coupled with hard work I appeared in and all-India Engineering entrance test and got the 58th all-India rank. At that time Harcourt Butler Technological Inistitute (HBTI) was conducting an all-India based test. I got selected in one of the best Government Colleges established during British rule i.e. HBTI, Kanpur to study Chemical Engineering.

But again, problem of money came in my way. But again God opened the way. In this institute there was a rule that first 5 students of all branches would get merit scholarship and their fees would be fully waived off. God enabled me to get first rank in all years and
ultimately was awarded Gold medal.

“Look at Jesus, not men!”

I started my career and continued the studying of biblical literature. After that I attended a church in Delhi but I could not experience true love from the people who attended that church. I remembered these words I heard: “look at Christ and not men for happiness and peace!” I started preaching also about Christ. Some ridiculed me saying that Christianity
means drinking wine, eating meat (beef) and enjoying all pleasures of life. This feedback from people again confused me. But I started telling people that believing on Jesus helped me excel in academics and gradually changed all my life.

Without Jesus, I would have been an illiterate person in the village, I asserted. In the year 1992, I shifted to Pune and again started searching for a good local church. Having found one, I started attending it regularly. I got involved in its ministries, actively. Here I learned about baptism and got baptized. I have never looked back. The family to whom I had preached Christ in Delhi also got saved, baptized and they are attending church in Delhi.

Testimony published in a national newspaper

In 1995, I wrote a letter to The Indian Express newspaper testifying boldly about my faith while I responded to an article that suggested that converts to Christianity were coerced and uneducated. This is part of what I wrote which got eventually published:

“Take my example. No one ever came to convince me to come to Christ. But by his grace, I understood the truth and made the foundation of my life, the teachings of Jesus. I am not a Hindu girl who opted for Christianity for the sake of marriage. I am mature Gold Medalist technocrat belonging to a caste Hindu family. My conscience confirmed that I should follow Christ!”

Village boy turns witnessing AVP!

I preach my Christ boldly at my work place and wherever I go through my changed life and a Christreflecting character. In my office, when the Hindu idol ‘prasad’ is served, I refuse to accept and tell that I serve a living God and that I don’t believe in idol worship. This statement of mine does cause some trouble for me but I look at Christ who suffered and gave his all for me and pray for more opportunities to witness for Jesus at my work place.


There was a value engineering drive in the company to reduce cost and increase quality and my team won the CEO special recognition award. By the quality of the work I do, I reflect Christ in my office. From the chairman to the office boy of the company I work in, they all know that I believe in Christ as the only way. Some people appreciate this while some people criticize me. I just look at Christ and not the people to strengthen myself in him. Top management in my company has a confidence in me due to my sincerity and reliability. I am not saying that believing in Christ will take you to top position in company, always, but definitely people will trust on you for important responsibilities. At present I am the engineering head for the Europe region and operating from Pune and working as Assistant Vice President – Engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment