QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, November 4, 2013

JESUS CHRIST IS NOT FAR AWAY FROM YOU AND HE IS WITH YOU ALWAYS



“O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted will all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.” – Psalm 139:1-6

There were times when we go through sorrow we feel that God is so far away from us and He is not listening to us. 

Psalmist says is Psalm 10:1, “Why do You stand afar off, O Lord? Why do You hide in times of trouble?”

When his enemy overpowered and tried to destroy his life Psalmist felt that the Lord was far away from him hidden somewhere. God was with him all the time but he felt in a different way because of the trouble he faced. 

Today you might be asking God the same question. You might feel like God was so far away from you and He is not listening to your tears and prayers. Do not get discouraged. Jesus Christ is saying to you today, “...I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20)

In John 7th chapter we read about the incident that happened during the Jews’ feast of tabernacles. The brothers of Jesus asked Him to go into Judea but Jesus says to them that His time has not come. Also He asked His brothers to go. After they went He also went up to the feast but in secret. But at His time He went up to the temple at the middle of the feast and thought. Bible says that the Jews marvelled.

Many a times we ask Jesus to help us and to do a miracle when we face tough situations in our life. Some of those times we felt that God remains silent. Why at times God remains silent when we face toughest situation? Is He not listening to us? Doesn’t He know what we are going through? Doesn’t He bother about our feelings?

The answer is Jesus Christ remains silent because His time has not come. In His time He will stand up and perform miracles in your life. But you have to know that Jesus Christ is with you strengthening you in the tough times of your life. He knows all that you are going through because He is with you.

When you have a problem with your spouse and cry alone in your bed at night, Jesus Christ is sitting beside you to comfort you.

When you have someone coming against you in your workplace or ministry or in any other thing, Jesus Christ is standing next to you to fight against them.

When you feel lonely as you don’t have anyone around you to listen to you and be with you, Jesus Christ is very close to you to speak to you and listen to you.

When you fail in love, studies, job or family life and think of to end your life, Jesus Christ stands near to you to care for you and give you a new life.

When you face problems physically or worldly and when you don’t have enough strength to move on, Jesus Christ is with you to strengthen you.

Few years before I had gone through many problems in life which I could not handle. I had problems in my job, I had problems in my body and I had problems in my spiritual life also. I could not face all those problems at one time. So there were times I had a feeling to end my life. I stayed all alone in a hostel room and there were times when I struggle with those thoughts I used to lock myself in the rest room fearing that I will commit suicide if I stay in my room and pleaded to Jesus Christ for my life. Certain times I didn’t got any answers immediately but all those times I got an assurance that He is listening to my prayers and He filled me with His peace when I cried to Him. He even heard the prayers that I made to Him from the rest room and in His time He cleared all my problems one by one and He filled me with His peace. 

My dear young friends, you might be going through a path which brings sorrow and pain into your life. Do not worry. Jesus Christ is not far away from you. He is very close to you and in His time He will stand up in a mighty way and clear all your problems and fill you with His blessings. Till He reacts in His time wait at His feet and pour out your sorrow to Him. Surely He will give you His rest and will bless you abundantly. Remember, there is nothing in this world that God cannot do and there is no circumstances or situations that He cannot handle and change. Surely He will do mighty things in your life and will change your life situations for good. You will be blessed richly by God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment