QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, January 25, 2014

GHG - 16 (SEEK GOD'S COUNSEL WHEN YOU FACE TEMPTATIONS)

“…by His light I walked through darkness.” – Job 29:3

In the year 2002, God gave me an admission in a government college to pursue my UG Engineering course. I felt so happy on that day, when I got admitted to college because I knew very well that my parents can’t afford to pay the fees of any private colleges. As I’ve already completed my diploma, I was directly admitted into the second year.

We were admitted one week after reopening of the classes. I was a bit afraid because the students studying there were the toppers of that place. But on the other hand, I entered the first day’s class with so much pride. Classes got over and as everyone was leaving, I saw a very beautiful girl in that class.

As she was so beautiful, I got an immediate attraction towards her. Since it was the first day, I just came out of the class without thinking much about it. As days passed by, I came to know that she is also a Christian and that she’s from a very rich family.

She had a friend who was also beautiful. Somehow, I became a friend to her friend and our friendship was going on well. One fine day, her friend asked me to try loving a girl of foreign nationality. I casually told her that I knew none like that. Instantly she told the name of the girl (who was her friend) who was studying in our class and asked me to tell openly if I have any interest on her, so that she will make her propose me the very next day.

I could not believe what she said. I just laughed over her sayings, but she said it very seriously. Next day also she insisted me to reply. At that time, I understood that it was a serious matter. Now temptations began to rise in my heart prompting “Why can’t I go for it?”

One side, I was thinking about her wealth and riches which were so high compared to our family. During that time my father had a Bajaj scooter, whereas her family owned two cars. Our family savings were in Hundreds but their savings were in Millions. Also her beauty was incomparable with anyone I knew. I could understand the reality so well, that I knew I would never get her.

But on the other side as I was undergoing temptations, I wished to accept this. Whenever I lied in my bed, I used to get dreams about that relationship and things like that. As I had great struggles in my heart I took this matter to God in prayer and also to an experienced Christian counsellor.

The counsellor advised me not to fall into the trap and asked me to seek God for His guidance. The next few days, I waited at God’s presence and one day God spoke to me saying, this relationship won’t even last for few months and if I enter into this relationship I won’t complete my UG degree.

I felt great peace in my heart when God spoke to me. The very next day, I politely refused to her friend and also insisted her not to speak talk on that matter anymore. The next day, the actual girl came and said not to think about that matter anymore and asked me to be casual.

Today as I write this, God has given me His grace to pursue my doctorate degree. By God’s abundant grace I finished both my U.G and P.G degree in first class.

What would have happened if I had fallen in love with that girl during my college days? Surely I would not have experienced the blessings that I have received today.

I am not a holy person; even after this incident, I failed in so many things. But on that day, by God’s light I walked through the darkness. Because of the counsel of Jesus Christ, I overcame that temptation which might have cost my own future.

Even today, I thank God for helping me to make that decision on that day, to come out of that temptation.

My dear young friends do not fall into the trap of anyone. Even if you have already fallen in someone’s trap ask Jesus Christ to help you; He will surely save you. Seek the face of Jesus Christ; He is there to save you anytime.

There were times I made some silly stupid prayers to which God has never responded and do you want to know what lesson that I learnt through that?

                                                                       -         To be continued in GHG - 17

No comments:

Post a Comment